This grown up Banana Split Dessert Cocktail checks all the boxes for yummy. This decadent drink satisfies the sweet tooth.
Banana liqueur, creme de cacao, and vanilla vodka team up with chocolate syrup and whipped cream. Set a cherry on top. Who needs ice cream?
Well..I do once in a while. Boozy shakes are also a great way to celebrate hot summer days.
However you won’t miss the ice cream in this rich filling drink. The whipped cream and garnishings are plenty to keep you happy.
More Yummy Drinks for Dessert:
Visit our cocktail section to see all of our delicious adult beverages. We’ve got you covered.
Banana Split Drink Recipe:
You all know I’m a fan of sweet drinks. It’s no surprise I love this simple dessert drink. Vanilla, chocolate and banana are always a favorite combination for dessert.
Add in the banana and strawberry garnish for fun with a cherry on top. So yum.
- Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka (or your favorite brand)
- Hiram Walker Creme de Cacao (or any chocolate liqueur)
- Banana Liqueur (we used the small size bottle- 99 brand)
- Hershey’s Syrup (or try a salted caramel sauce for fun)
- Whipped cream
- fresh banana and strawberry slices for garnish.
The alcohol in this recipe is mostly liqueur. So. Fairly benign you might think. Think again!
It turns out 99 banana liqueur is named after it’s proof. That’s correct. 99 proof or 49.5 % alcohol. Vanilla vodka is only 35 % and Creme De Cacao comes in last with around 20 %.
Considering the amounts of each alcohol used in this drink you will only need one of these to get pleasantly relaxed after dinner.
We are serving our Banana Split Cocktail in a chilled martini glass to give it a more sophisticated after dinner vibe. A coop glass or these beautiful Nick and Nora Cocktail glasses would also present this drink well.
Your Visual Process Guide:
Here is a quick visual guide to the steps of making this delicious dessert cocktail. Please also watch our recipe video demonstration .
Before you begin Set your martini glass in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
Your Printable Recipe Card:
The Banana Split Cocktail is a delicious dessert drink. It's a yummy blend of banana and chocolate liqueur and vanilla vodka with an appealing decadent presentation.
- 1 1/2 oz. Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz. Creme de Cacao
- 1 oz. Banana Liqueur
- 1/2 Cup whipped topping
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1 strawberry
- 2 banana slices
- set a martini glass in the fridge to 30 minutes. (or freezer if you need a quick chill)
- Slice the strawberry and banana slices. set aside.
Make the Cocktail:
- Fill your cocktail shaker half full with ice.
- Measure and pour into your shaker the vanilla vodka, crème de cacao, and banana liqueur.
- Seal the shaker. Shake vigorously 30 seconds until the shaker is very cold.
- Strain the cocktail into your chilled martini glass.
- Spray on the whipped cream topping.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup over the whipped cream as desired.
- Pierce two strawberry slices and a banana slice with a cocktail pick.
- Set the pick into the glass.
- Add a maraschino cherry on top.
garnishings can be anything you like. Try salted caramel sauce for an added layer of fun indulgence. Share what you do with us!
Serving Size1 drink
Amount Per Serving Calories 413Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 24mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 0gSugar 38gProtein 1g
The garnishes in this drink have a lot to do with the final calorie count.