Chocolate Coconut Fat Bombs. These delicious little treats are Low-Carb, sugar free, Low-Sodium, Vegan and Gluten-Free! Keep them in your fridge or freezer for a quick, high energy pick me up!
My sister Susie passed me this recipe she received from her friend Carol. I made them with some trepidation. Fat Bombs??? Really??? Hmmm. Who needs goodies called fat bombs???
Well I’m a convert now! Fat Bombs are “A THING”! Fat bombs (what a name!), are a Keto diet snack food!
Want to see these little dreams made in action? Click the Link to WATCH Amanda make these Chocolate Coconut Fat Bombs in her KETO KITCHEN You Tube Video.
She shows you how to make these snacks and gives tips on keeping them KETO compliant. Subscribe to Amanda’s channel for information and recipes on the KETO diet and her KETO life style.
After I made them, I realized how delicious, satisfying and filling Fat Bombs are! Thank you Carol, for this great recipe! I have made these a few different ways now. This version has a lot going for it; so I’m sharing it with you!
What’s in these Fat Bombs?
The secret to the nutritional success of this recipe is good, healthy fat. Healthy Fat is necessary for good absorption of our nutrients throughout the day, brain health and, believe it or not; Good Cardiovascular health!
Coconut oil is amazingly good at satisfying hunger and is well used in the liver. By now, if you’ve been through a few of my recipes, you know I’m a coconut oil devotee’. Pure organic virgin coconut oil, that is, if you’re going to eat it.
The health benefits of this amazing oil are discussed all over the internet (like here and here). The long and short of it is, coconut oil is wonderful for your digestion. It does NOT cause heart problems or high cholesterol. It is so yummy, I love cooking with it. And guess what? Coconut oil is Excellent for your skin! So many uses. USE it!
More healthy ingredients!
- Organic, unsweetened Peanut butter gives this recipe a bit of protein and yummy flavor; also satisfying.
- The unsweetened coconut fines and Walnuts provide a texture enhancement; so you actually chew! Also satisfying when hungry.
- And the only sweetener in this recipe is healthy pure organic Maple syrup. To make this recipe sugar free use an organic sugar free Maple Syrup.
We all know good quality dark chocolate is full of excellent anti-oxidants.
- I used unsweetened 100 percent dark chocolate as the top layer! I thought it would be too bitter. It’s Not! (at least with the coconut and walnuts on top!)
Use high quality, organic nut butters, coconut oil, walnuts and Dark chocolate for loads of nutrition along with the fat. Make the healthy, high calorie snack bites worth every bit of it!
Fat Bombs are a good mid day pick me up, office snack, lunch box or busy day take a long! That makes it a great fit for my family. I hope you love these too! Just keep them cold with an ice pack or fridge so they don’t melt!
Chocolate Coconut Fat Bombs Recipe Notes:
To make these snacks REALLY LOW CARB and KETO compliant we substitute a sugar free Maple Syrup like sugar free Maple syrup. And we use only unsweetened chocolate and coconut shreds.
This keep the carbs way down. Amazingly even sugar free these treats are really good! The fat keeps your tummy happy too so your cravings are also satisfied if you’re suffering a case of the munchies. you won’t miss the carbs with these Fat Bombs for fun food.
Fat Bombs were created to satisfy hunger and provide a low carb snack on a ketosis diet. They are great for anyone looking to pop a hundred or so calories of low carb energy!
Keep Chocolate Coconut Fat Bombs in your fridge or freezer for a quick, high energy pick me up! Yes you can eat just one or two of these tasty, satisfying little snacks. And then stick them back in the fridge
so you can’t see them and they won’t melt!
These little treats will last for a LONG time in the freezer or fridge. Such a handy after school treat! Or, “I don’t have time for a full meal” treat. Or, “I just need healthy calories” treat!
These Chocolate Coconut Fat Bombs will work for camping and the lunchbox if you can keep them cold. What a great high energy kick to keep you going through the day! No candy bars needed!
Your Printable Recipe Card:
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Peanut butter, sugar free organic or natural brand
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder, 100 percent sugar free Dutch process
- ¼ Cup sugar free Maple Syrup, pure organic
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/8 Cup Unsweetened Coconut , – finely shredded
- 1/8 Cup walnuts, -finely chopped
- 6 oz unsweetened bakers Chocolate, 100 percent sugar free
Bottom layer instructions:
- Melt coconut oil and nut butter in sauce pan on low heat until liquid.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla and cocoa powder; stir until all mixed. (Try coconut shreds for extra texture)
- Pour into mini-muffin pan lined with mini cupcake papers (approximately 1 Tablespoon each).
- Place in freezer until set. about 30 minutes..
Top Layer instructions:
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave or on the stove in small sauce pan.
- Remove muffin pan from freezer.
- Place the fat bombs on a wire rack and pour or spoon dark chocolate over the tops (a thin layer).
- Sprinkle with coconut shreds and walnuts as desired.
- Place in freezer or refrigerator to set. Remove fat bombs from muffin tin and store in zip-lock bags in refrigerator.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 128
These Fat Bombs are featured in NutritionYouCanUse.com 33 Keto Fat Bomb Recipes collection: If you are looking for more fat bombs check it out!