These sprinkle cookies are SO full of cheerful brightness, flavor and fun. Serve these at your child’s next play date, kids parties, lunch box or movie night.
Sugar cookies with sprinkles are hugely popular with the whole family and very simple to make for kids… and with kids.
Funfetti cookie recipes often use a cake mix. We prefer this creamy sugar cookie recipe from scratch. It has a very soft texture.
The cookie dough is embedded with colorful sprinkles. Just like a Funfetti cake.
Delicious sprinkles are also baked right into the cookie top. Lots of sprinkly taste and texture. And so tender.
Set a platter of confetti cookies next to a birthday cake or any ole place. What is your party decor? Choose sprinkles that reflect the theme of your party supplies.
More Cookies to try…
If you’re looking for fun cookies to make for the family or the holidays we have a complete cookie section for you to check out. Some yummy cookie recipes below.
Brightly colored rainbow sprinkles are just plain fun. Little hands can’t resist em.
There is something about those colorful sprinkles. We have them baked into the cookie dough and all over on top.
Definitely a kid pleaser right there. And best of all these cookies are not just cute as candy. This confetti cookie recipe is also popular with grown ups.
Sprinkle Cookie Recipe:
For best results I recommend you use the ingredients suggested. The butter and full fat cream cheese give these cookies a very soft texture with a rich flavor.
The egg and vanilla extract you see above are made from home. 🙂 Dave’s chickens and Kayti’s homemade vanilla recipe. I’m going to convince her to post that vanilla recipe someday. It turned out great!
I used Betty Crocker Parlor Perfect brand confetti sprinkles. However, they recently changed their sprinkle recipe. So taste before you bake and make sure they are what you expect. We liked them.
Your Visual Guide:
Here is a quick step visual guide for you.
Please also watch our video demonstration of this recipe to catch all the details.
These cookies should NOT overbake. The cookies are finished when only SLIGHTLY browned. Immediately Remove from the oven to a cooling rack.
Your Printable Recipe Card:
These adorable and fun sprinkle cookies are perfect for kids parties, lunch box or movie nights. Sugar cookies with sprinkles are hugely popular with the whole family and very simple to make.
- 3 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese-room temperature
- 1 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 large egg-room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 Cup sprinkles-divided (I used Betty Crocker Parlor Perfect confetti sprinkles-*see notes)
- One hour ahead: Set out cream cheese, butter and egg to warm to room temperature.
- When recipe begins Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F.
Make the cookie dough:
- Cream together the room temperature butter and cream cheese In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl (with electric hand mixer).
- Add in the sugar and continue mixing.
- Add egg and flavorings. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate large mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the batter in three batches. Mixing well between every addition.
- Add in HALF of the cup of sprinkles and mix into the dough.
- CHILL THE DOUGH 10 minutes or so just to firm it a bit.
- Roll one inch pieces of dough into balls.
- Roll the balls in the remaining sprinkles and set two inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until JUST slightly underdone.
- Remove to counter and transfer to cooling racks.
*You can theme these cookies for any occasion just by changing up the sprinkle colors.
Amount Per Serving Calories 127Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 9mgSodium 101mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 0gSugar 12gProtein 2g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram