This Purple rain drink recipe is Simple, stunning and delicious. It’s made with Citron absolut vodka, Blue curacao, grenadine and a hint of sparkly lemon lime soda.
This is a cocktail for any party. It’s a shaken drink with no ice. So it’s simple to make and will last a while without dilution.
Serve this perfectly purple cocktail in a chilled glass for a summer drink with a lime wheel and sprig of your favorite green.
The incredible purple hue from blue curacao liqueur and the grenadine simple syrup make this mixed drink a show stopper on a party table all through the year.
This curacao drink is elegant and romantic at a dinner for two. Simply garnished with a fresh blackberry on a pick.
More Colorful Cocktails
Visit our ENTIRE cocktail section for more adult refreshment ideas. Here’s a few of our favorites.
Purple Rain Cocktail Recipe:
Add a lime wheel to bring up the citrus vibe in your presentation. The blue coloring of the curacao mixes with the grenadine to make that intensely purple drink.
The lime wheel adds another pop of color to show off that lovely purple.
You will find MANY different purple rain drinks recipes that look nothing alike and use different ingredients.
WikiPedia says this drink is actually two recipes. And people of course take it in all directions. We like it this way.
The citrus flavor of the blue curaçao and citron in this recipe are sweetly blended with the grenadine and lemon lime soda. It’s a wonderful flavor combination.
Everything you need to make the Purple Rain Drink:
- Citron Absolut Vodka
- Curaçao Liqueur (distilled on the Island of Curaçao from the peels of the laraha)
- Grenadine simple syrup
- lemon lime soda (we used sprite)
Watch our video recipe demonstration of this pretty drink. You will find it in the bottom of the recipe card.
See our recipe notes below for ideas on how to make this into a tasty and creepy cocktail for halloween. 🙂
Your Printable Recipe Card:
This simple and stunning purple cocktail has a yummy citrus flavor with a hint of cherry.
- 1 1/2 oz. citron Absolut Vodka
- 1 oz. Blue Curacao
- 1/2 oz. Grenadine
- 1 oz lemon lime soda
30 minutes before making this drink chill your Martini glass
Make the Purple Rain
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice.
- Measure out and pour the Citron, Curacao and Grenadine into your shaker.
- Seal and vigorously shake the cocktail shaker about 30 seconds until it is very cold.
- Pour the shaken drink into your chilled glass.
- Top it off with the lemon lime soda.
- Pierce a blackberry with a pick. (I use stainless picks)
- Slice a lime wheel and set on the edge of your glass by blackberry.
Ideas For Halloween Party Presentation:
This beautiful purple cocktail can be served in many ways. It's a great choice for a spooky halloween drink. Here's a few ideas to make this drink into a tasty and creepy cocktail.
- Here is a whole Amazon page of edible glitter choices. Put a dash of glitter in your drink for cool effects. We tried it with gold glitter. Very cool!
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 7mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 0gSugar 10gProtein 0g