This Purple Rain Drink recipe is simple, stunning and delicious. It’s made with Citron absolute vodka, Blue curacao, grenadine and a hint of sparkly lemon lime soda.
This is a cocktail for any party. It’s a shaken drink with no ice. So it’s simple to make and will last a while without dilution.
Serve this perfectly purple cocktail in a chilled glass for a summer drink with a lime wheel and sprig of your favorite green.
The incredible purple hue from blue curacao liqueur and the grenadine simple syrup make this mixed drink a show stopper on a party table all through the year.
The purple cocktails movement started in Australia where they were created as a way to make cocktails look more interesting. Since then, these drinks have spread across the globe.
This curacao drink is elegant and romantic at a dinner for two. Simply garnished with a fresh blackberry on a pick.
More Colorful Cocktails
Visit our ENTIRE cocktail section for more adult refreshment ideas. Here’s a few of our favorites.
Purple Rain Cocktail Recipe:
Add a lime wheel to bring up the citrus vibe in your presentation. The blue coloring of the curacao mixes with the grenadine to make that intensely purple drink.
Red and blue combine to form violet or purple. When you look at a rainbow, you are seeing the result of this combination of colors.
The lime wheel adds another pop of color to show off that lovely purple.
You will find MANY different purple rain drinks recipes that look nothing alike and use different ingredients.
WikiPedia says this drink is actually two recipes. And people of course take it in all directions. We like it this way.
The citrus flavor of the blue curaçao and citron in this recipe are sweetly blended with the grenadine and lemon lime soda. It’s a wonderful flavor combination.
Everything you need to make the Purple Rain Drink:
- Citron Absolut Vodka
- Curaçao Liqueur (distilled on the Island of Curaçao from the peels of the laraha)
- Grenadine simple syrup
- lemon lime soda (we used sprite)
Watch our video recipe demonstration of this pretty drink. You will find it in the bottom of the recipe card.
See our recipe notes below for ideas on how to make this into a tasty and creepy cocktail for halloween. 🙂
Your Printable Recipe Card:
Purple Rain Drink Recipe
This simple and stunning purple cocktail has a yummy citrus flavor with a hint of cherry.
- 1 1/2 oz. citron Absolut Vodka
- 1 oz. Blue Curacao
- 1/2 oz. Grenadine
- 1 oz lemon lime soda
30 minutes before making this drink chill your Martini glass
Make the Purple Rain
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice.
- Measure out and pour the Citron, Curacao and Grenadine into your shaker.
- Seal and vigorously shake the cocktail shaker about 30 seconds until it is very cold.
- Pour the shaken drink into your chilled glass.
- Top it off with the lemon lime soda.
- Pierce a blackberry with a pick. (I use stainless picks)
- Slice a lime wheel and set on the edge of your glass by blackberry.
Ideas For Halloween Party Presentation:
This beautiful purple cocktail can be served in many ways. It's a great choice for a spooky halloween drink. Here's a few ideas to make this drink into a tasty and creepy cocktail.
- Here is a whole Amazon page of edible glitter choices. Put a dash of glitter in your drink for cool effects. We tried it with gold glitter. Very cool!
- Set cute Skeleton Swizzle Sticks in the drink and keep the glitter stirred up while drinking.
- Glow in the dark Dry Ice Swizzle Sticks (find the dry ice in your local store in pellets). Makes an incredible spooky fog effect.
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 7mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 0gSugar 10gProtein 0g
We enjoy meeting you on our social networks. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram . Tag us with your pictures of our recipes and comment on how it went for you. We would love to see what you do with them.
We often like, comment and share your posts of our recipes on our daily Instagram stories.
Ask questions and rate the recipe in the comments section below. Please share what you did with this recipe. We are always looking for more and better ways to make homemade food. Other cooks love your ideas!
Wednesday 20th of July 2022
Would love to make this in a large batch for an 80's themed party. Is there an easy way to multiply the recipe to make it crowd-sized for a dispenser?
Wednesday 20th of July 2022
Hi Amy, With this recipe it is ok to just multiply the ingredient oz by the number of servings you want to make. Once you have the oz. then you can convert it to cups by using a google calculator. Hope this helps. Have a great party!