We often drink our dessert. Kale,swiss chard, carrots and apples are the base of this recipe. They are so great together in this nutritious green juice.
Don’t have a Juicer? Use your blender and capture all the healthy vegetable fiber. Homemade Food Junkie Green Smoothies are every bit as good for you as green juice. Maybe better.
Smoothies retain the insoluble and soluble vegetable fiber often lost in juicing. Fiber is REALLY good for you. So try our green smoothies too.
Watch me make This Healthy Blackberry Smoothie.Carrots are sweet and loaded with carbs so go light on the carrot. Our juicer needs them to push the kale through without clogging it.
Green juice is very satisfying and energizing. It’s easier to stay off sweet gluten carb filled treats when we choose juicing after dinner. I strongly encourage you to make green juice after dinner.
We enjoyed a wonderful, light dinner of omelets from our homegrown eggs with kale greens. For desert, a lovely filling green juice. We can feel the energy revving up in our bodies from the nutrients!
So great! We are looking forward to the day when we can do all the juice and smoothies from our homegrown produce! Just another month or two…
Dave enjoys playing in the garden. This year he grew rainbow carrots and purple green beans for fun. Keep in mind the darker colored varieties of fruits and vegetables are all full of healthy nutrients. Even more than the more common lighter colors.
Kale Juice Recipe Notes:
- Cut the kale up in pretty small pieces to avoid clogging your juicer.
- Keep in mind the carb load carrots add to this recipe. If you have a clogging juicer try making a green smoothie instead.
- If you not into carbs train your taste bud to enjoy lower carbs vegetables. Our juicer needs hard vegetables to push through the kale so I add carrots every time.
Your Printable Recipe Card.
Why kale juice for dessert is filling, tasty and full of energizing nutrients. All this without a boatload of empty calories. Lots and lots of trace elements, vitamins and minerals, anti-inflammatory properties...good for digestion and skin.
- Leafy greens as desired
- 4 cups carrots (at least 50/50 with the greens)
- 2 Cups Tuscan kale,
- 2 Cups rainbow swiss chard,
- 1 Cup celery,
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice (meyer variety)
- 1 Cup chopped apple
- chop everything small as per your juicer requirements.
- Throw it in the juicer and make juice!
- TIP: Alternate soft and hard textures to avoid plugging up your machine
Serving Size2 cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 243Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 611mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 20gSugar 24gProtein 10g