Detox Red Lentil Soup is high- fiber, vegan, vegetarian, dairy- free and gluten- free. This luscious, healthy soup will flush out toxins while refreshing and nourishing your body. Be sure to take a look at our other healthy soups like Mung bean Curried soup and Cabbage patch Soup.
Every year, after the big food holidays, Dave and I feel sluggish, and headachy… and fat. In fact, we have gained at least five pounds of holiday cheer. I hate it when nothing fits and I feel tired and cranky. Too many goodies of all the wrong kinds do that and more. In only a few weeks of overindulging too. Too much Pumpkin pie love here.
Time to detox with healthy, high-fiber foods, like soups! Detox Lentil Soup is full of nutrients, and light of calories! Time to drink lots of water and rev up the metabolism so we can expunge the bad stuff stuck in our guts, and give the body a rest.
Detox red lentil soup is a good soup anytime. Right now when we are clearing out the junk, it’s almost medicinal in its benefits for our bodies. The fiber in this soup will help clear out a digestive tract clogged with unhealthiness. It’s full of great nutrients too.
We work on the 80-20 plan. Now healthy food and lifestyle is the 80 percent of our diet. Last week it was severely shy of the 20 percent. Winter gloom and rain is hard to get through around here. Going outside is yucky. Sitting in the nice comfy warm house and eating homemade cinnamon rolls seems like a really good idea.
Healthy soups are a good addition to the diet. Lentils are amazingly good for you. So are the other ingredients in this lovely recipe. This is a high carb soup full of sustaining nutrients your body will love.
If you purchase items from our affiliate links we may receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Homemade Food Junkie.
Detox Red Lentil Soup Recipe:
Enjoy this healthful soup whatever the time of year, or state of your health. But if you’re looking for a great way to give your body a boost; here is a humdinger!
- Place your lentils into a 3 quart potwith 4 cups of water. Boil and reduce heat to simmer until tender but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, In a medium stock poton medium heat, add hot sesame oil and sauté’ the chopped veggies along with all the other ingredients, except kale, fresh peppers and lentils. Sauté’ for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the kale and water to the mixture. Simmer a few minutes.
- Add the lentils and simmer until everything gets well incorporated.
- Blend the soup mixture and your raw peppers in your blender to a soup like consistency.
- When ready to serve, garnish with parsley. Serve in soup bowlswith tomatoes and avocado slices.
Your Printable Recipe Card:
This is a very healthy high- fiber, vegan, vegetarian, dairy- free and gluten- free soup. This luscious, healthy recipe will flush out toxins while refreshing and nourishing your body.
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Chili Sesame Oil, or coconut Oil
- 1 /4 Cup chopped, pitted Dates(either organic fresh or dried)
- 3 tsp fresh minced Ginger
- 3 cloves minced Garlic
- 1/2 -1 tsp crushed Black Pepper
- 4 fresh Pasilla peppers chopped small
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 fresh squeezed Lemon
- 3 Tablespoons pumpkin seed
- 1/4 Cup chopped walnuts
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup chopped Leeks, or onions
- 1/2 cup chopped Celery
- 1 1/2 cup cooked red lentils
- 2 cup coarsely chopped kale, any variety
- 2 cup diced Carrots
- 2-4 cups Water or stock
- Place your lentils into a 3 quart pot with 4 cups of water. Boil and reduce heat to simmer until tender but not mushy.
- In a medium stock pot on medium heat, add hot sesame oil and sauté' the chopped veggies along with all the other ingredients, except kale, fresh peppers and lentils. Sauté' for 5-10 minutes. Add the kale and water to the mixture. Simmer a few minutes. Add the lentils and simmer until everything gets well incorporated.
- Blend the soup mixture and your raw peppers in your blender to a soup like consistency. When ready to serve, garnish with parsley. Serve with tomatoes and avocado slices.
The prep happens mostly at the same time as you cook this recipe. You will be busy in this hour. This soup is so worth it!
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 1mgSodium 375mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 9gSugar 8gProtein 9g
Recipe adapted from: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/