Delicious and filling navy bean and ham soup is made in your crock pot or slow cooker. This hearty, High-Fiber, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free soup is the perfect dinner option for a quick and easy meal. This soup goes together in about 15 minutes. You don’t even have to soak or pre-cook the beans. Your house will fill with delightful cozy smells all day!
I love soups, stews and chilis (like this one) in the colder months. You just can’t beat a nice steamy and delicious bowl of Ham Bean soup when it’s chilly outside and you need to warm up. I’ve been trying to expand my crockpot recipe repertoire and this soup is the perfect addition. This nummy crock pot soup has a very rich full flavor thanks to the addition of the smoky ham and navy beans.
My husband commented that it tasted like bean and bacon soup. It’s seriously so yummy, the beans expand and soak up the delicious juices from the ham and the vegetables get a nice dose of flavoring as well
Recipe Notes on Navy Bean and Ham Soup:
Do you have a leftover Hambone you need to use up? You can make your own bone broth from your leftover bones! It’s easiest to do in an instant pot if you have one. We show you how in our instant pot Bone Broth recipe Or Our Hambone Soup from leftovers recipe is all about using your stock pot right on your stove to make a delicious healthy broth or soup base. Otherwise go get some at the store 🙂
This crock pot recipe is easy to make in just a few minutes of work for you.
- Chop up the ham and veggies.
- Then toss in some seasonings and the dried Navy beans.
- Now let it simmer away for about 6 hours and enjoy the divine smell all day long.
I added carrots, celery, onion, and garlic to this soup because I like lots of variety in my soups. You can certainly be creative and add whatever seasonings and vegetables that you like in order to make it your own creation!
That’s the beauty of the crockpot. It’s so easy to invent new recipes and add new flavors in. Mom likes Sweet Mesquite or McCormick’s Smokehouse Maple in her Instant Pot Ham Bean Soup. That smokiness you know? Throw some in if it’s what you like too.
342 CALORIES/ 1 1/2 CUP SERVING
- Fat 7 g
- Carbs 44 g
- Protein 26 g
Your Printable Recipe:
- 1 Cup chopped celery stalk
- 1 Cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 Cup diced onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 lb. of diced ham
- 1 lb. of dried navy beans
- 1 tbsp dried chopped basil leaves
- 1 tbsp season all salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Pour in the water and chicken stock.
- Next, add in the ham and the chopped vegetables.
- Rinse and drain the dried navy beans and add them in as well.
- Add the dried seasonings in next and stir the everything together in the crockpot until it is thoroughly combined.
- Cook on high for 6 hours in the crockpot or until beans are soft and thoroughly cooked.
Feel free to adjust the recipe to your preferences. For a smokier flavor try a tablespoon of Sweet mesquite Seasoning OR McCormick's Smokehouse Maple
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 342