This Sheet Pan Pork Chop dinner combines juicy bone-in center cut pork chops, fingerling potatoes, carrots, and a scrumptious dry ranch seasoning blend. It is a hearty meal that pairs well with our kale apple salad, homemade applesauce, and a warm dinner roll on the side.
We love the versatility of this meal because you can choose any combination of vegetable that you have on hand. From asparagus and green beans, to squash and sweet potatoes; this recipe can be made to suite your preferences and use up what you have in your kitchen.
Bone-in pork chops create a rich flavor while infusing juices into the meat. The seasoning blend builds a caramelized crust that deepens and enriches the pork chops, while the assorted roasted veggies bring variety and texture.
Prepare this complete meal in under 10 minutes and bring it to table in under an hour. This healthy meal is perfectly seasoned with a simple ranch dry mix. You can also whip together a scrumptious gravy or marinade to dress up these easy sheet pan pork chops.
Do you cover pork chops when baking?
Baking sheet pan pork chops improperly can result in dry, chewy meat so it is important to take care that you are preparing and cooking them correctly. We recommend cooking the pork chops uncovered at 350-400 degrees F, depending how hot your oven cooks, for 20 minutes.
This will allow a lovely sear to create on the surface of the meat and veggies, locking in flavor and juices. Once the initial cook time has expired, turn the chops over and finish seasoning them. Cover with foil and continue cooking until the internal temperature of the pork chops has reached 145 degrees F.
How do you keep pork chops moist while cooking?
To keep the moisture and flavor locked in the chops, we recommend basting them during the cooking process with fats. Butter and the juices from the pork chops can be spooned over the surface of the chops periodically. This helps to add flavor while preventing the chops from becoming dry and chewy.
Baste one final time before covering with foil and finishing the cooking process until the internal temperature has reached 145 degrees F.
What can I bake with pork chops?
A wide variety of vegetables, and even some fruits can be cooked with sheet pan pork chops. We kept it simple with garden fresh potatoes and carrots, but you can get creative and dress this dinner up a lot. Here are some ideas to get you going.
- Change up the seasonings that you use. Sheet-pan Italian pork chops is always a hit
- Sheet pan pork chops with apples, pears, and cranberries are a delicious variation
- Asparagus, green beans, and brussel sprouts roast nicely with this dinner
- Butternut squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes and onions can be enjoyed
- Broccoli, cauliflower, even kale chips are a great option as well
What sides go best with sheet pan pork chops?
Pork chops are wonderfully versatile and pair well with many delicious sides. Here is a list of some of our favorite suggestions.
- Cheesy scalloped potatoes
- Veggies stuffed mushrooms
- Loaded baked sweet potatoes
- Creamy parmesan rice
- Fresh sourdough bread
- Roasted corn knuckles
Sheet Pan Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
This is a simple assemble and bake dinner that comes together in an hour with very little fuss. It makes a great family meal, and can be served with many different side dishes. You can change up the veggies that you roast with the pork, and baste the meat with butter and the juices to keep it moist and juicy during the cooking process.
Instructions for sheet pan pork chops
- Heat the oven to 400°F
- Drizzle 1 Tablespoon avocado oil over the baking sheet
- Place potatoes and cut carrots in a large bowl
- Drizzle potatoes and carrots with 2 tablespoons of the avocado oil
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning over the oiled vegetables and mix with a large spoon
- Stir until all the veggies are coated with oil and the seasoning mix
- Arrange the seasoned veggies on the baking sheet
- Brush pork chops on both sides with remaining avocado oil
- Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon dry ranch seasoning mix.
- Arrange pork chops between vegetables on baking sheet
- Set oven timer for 20 minutes.
- When the timer goes off remove the baking sheet from the oven
- Turn over the pork chops and sprinkle remaining Tablespoon of ranch seasoning over the chops
- Cover the pan with foil, return to oven and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the pork has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F
Sheet Pan Pork Chop Dinner is a 'Fast n Easy' gluten free dinner. prepare this complete meal in under 10 minutes and bring it to table in under an hour. This healthy meal is perfectly seasoned.
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes
- 4 large carrots cut in half lengthwise, (or 8 oz. baby carrots)
- 3 tablespoons Avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons dry ranch dressing & seasoning mix, I use the bulk jar-costco size. Make sure your seasnoing is gluten free if you need that
- 4 bone-in center cut pork chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- Heat oven to 400°F. Drizzle 1 Tablespoon avocado oil over the cookie sheet.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add cut carrots. Drizzle potatoes and carrots with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Add Ranch seasoning and Mix with a large spoon. Stir to coat; place on cookie sheet.
- Brush pork chops on both sides with remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon seasoning mix. Arrange pork chops between vegetables on cookie sheet.
- Set oven timer for 20 minutes. Turn over the pork chops and sprinkle remaining Tablespoon of Ranch seasoning over the chops.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes until pork is no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender.
I use avocado oil because it is high heat stable to 400 degrees F. That means it will not turn toxic while this recipe cooks. You will also benefit from the heart health this amazing oil offers. I highly recommend it.
Amount Per Serving Calories 561
Be sure to try these other pork dinners too!
We enjoy meeting you on our social networks. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram . Tag us with your pictures of our recipes and comment on how it went for you. We would love to see what you do with them.
We often like, comment and share your posts of our recipes on our daily Instagram stories.
Ask questions and rate the recipe in the comments section below. Please share what you did with this recipe. We are always looking for more and better ways to make homemade food. Other cooks love your ideas!
- Easy Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Simple Pumpkin Pie Twists
- Apple Pie Spiced Coffee Recipe
- Mexican Rice and Chicken One Pot Dinner
- 13 Amazing Summer Mocktail Recipes
Recipe slightly adapted from: Betty Crocker