Moist, light delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are a real treat. Kids Love these.
These muffins are Low-Sodium and delicious! I made this recipe with Greek Yogurt, Coconut oil and my granddaughter Nora.
I’m visiting my Montana Family and awaiting the birth of grandchild number seven! It’s such a pleasure to spend time here visiting and playing with my four year old granddaughter Nora and 20 month old Dane. Nora and I decided some overripe bananas need using up.
Nothing better than muffins for breakfast and snacks, I say. If you love banana bread you will love these muffins! You will also enjoy Kayti’s blueberry banana bread, my healthy banana bread recipe and Caramel Pecan Banana Date Bread! So yum.
As Nora is showing you; we are using homemade greek yogurt in these muffins. Greek yogurt adds lightness and flavor with very few calories.
Cooking with children makes the whole process more exciting and fun. Their sense of enjoyment goes way up when they are allowed to help make recipes.
Little Dane waited with a happy face while the muffins baked. We all enjoyed the smell of those baking muffins. What is it about banana breads. They smell heavenly. The whole house did.
We really love this recipe! The muffins held up for several days and stayed moist, light and fresh. I ate a whole lot of them.
These muffins are freeze-able. Place the completely cooled muffins in an airtight ziploc freezer bag with all the air sucked or squeezed out as much as possible. Freeze about a month.
Completely thaw on your counter and store in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins Recipe Card:
Moist, light delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are a real treat; and fun to make with kids! These muffins are Low-Sodium and delicious! I made this recipe with Greek Yogurt and Coconut oil
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 Cup greek yogurt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- (Optional ) 1 Cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Oil or use cupcake liners in one 12 hole and one 6 hole cupcake pan
- In a stand mixer, whisk together the banana, eggs, oil, vanilla and yogurt until smooth
- Add all of the dry ingredients (except chocolate and nuts) mix until just combined
- Add in the chopped nuts and chocolate chips and stir well
- Pour batter into the muffin cups 3/4 full, evenly throughout. Put chocolate chips on the top of the muffins if desired
- Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick come out clean
- Let cool in muffin tin about 10 minutes and then remove to cooling rack
- If not using liners, cut around the muffins carefully with a sharp knife to release them from the tins. The chocolate tends to stick to the pans
Amount Per Serving Calories 266Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 21mgSodium 108mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 2gSugar 19gProtein 4g