Light and fluffy blueberry lemon cupcakes will send your taste buds singing. These lemon blueberry cupcakes feature a lemon cake with fresh blueberries added in. They are topped off with a fresh blueberry frosting. So Good!
Now that spring is here and the weather is warm we need cupcakes that scream spring and fruity flavors! This blueberry lemon cupcake recipe is just the thing for spring or summer.
Lemon blueberry dessert cakes are perfect for Spring and Summer parties. They are actually well received all through the year. But to me this is the BEST for breaking out of the winter gray. What a beautiful zingy color and flavor combination.
I’m serving them tomorrow at a small BBQ at our house. They vanish FAST off my cupcake server every time I put them out.
The cake portion of this lovely lemon dessert recipe is an awesome light and fluffy lemon cake. The frosting is a blueberry frosting made from a fresh blueberry reduction sauce.
This Cake recipe is from my Lemony Lemon Cupcakes Recipe. look for them and many other delicious cupcake recipes on Homemade Food Junkie’s cupcake corner!
Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes Recipe Notes:
Don’t these cupcakes look like spring flowers? I just love how they turned out. So pretty and so delicious!
Can you make these Spring desserts with frozen blueberries?
A cautious yes here. This is a fresh blueberry dessert. For best, most reliable results choose fresh berries over frozen. However, if you really can’t access fresh try with frozen berries.
TIPS for frozen blueberries:
- Measure the blueberries frozen.
- Defrost them to room temperature
- Rinse them and drain excess juices before putting them in your cupcakes. Otherwise the cupcakes will turn a muddy grey with blueberry juice and they may be too loose to bake properly.
- If using in the reduction sauce the frozen berries will work but the sauce may take a bit longer to reduce.
TIPS on making cupcakes:
- DO NOT OVERMIX- this is Really important. The texture of the cupcakes will be MUCH lighter if you don’t mix the air out of them.
- Do NOT cut corners. Use the ingredients and methods called for exactly.
- ALL ingredients need to be at room temperature.
- FOLLOW the directions.
- Do not get impatient. Take the time to properly do the reduction sauce.
- Make SURE the reduction sauce is chilled before making the frosting. The consistency of the frosting depends on it.
- This frosting is worth doing perfectly. That flavor is EXCELLENT.
I used a wilton 2D tip and made a rose swirl design. The recipe card has a video you can watch for a quick demonstration of the piping technique.
These cupcakes are really SO good. This blueberry dessert recipe has bursts of blueberry flavor when you bite into the lemon cake. Pairing that with the blueberry buttercream frosting is pure indulgence.
Blueberry Lemon Cupcake printable with a technique video on the frosting decoration:
Cupcakes: Frosting: As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1 frosted cupcake
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 275 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 63mg Sodium: 192mg Carbohydrates: 34g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 24g Protein: 2g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe is featured on Cupcakes Garden