Crockpot Cranberry Raspberry Pork Roast is a hearty and delicious dinner that is ready in as little as four hours. The homemade raspberry sauce and chipotle spice combine with fresh orange slices, onions, and peppers to make a delightfully flavorful meal that pairs well with warm dinner rolls, and a fresh green salad.
Pork roast is a wonderfully versatile meat that has a natural sweetness. It is a popular choice to serve cuts of pork with various fruits because of the complimentary flavors. Adding peppers and bold spices that introduce heat brings wonderful complexity to the dish, and create a beautiful crust that pork dishes are known for.
This crockpot cranberry raspberry pork roast can be enjoyed any time of the year, but makes an especially noteworthy meal during the cold seasons. Cranberry and orange are well known companions throughout the holidays, and the flavors marry well with this peppery spiced pork loin recipe.
The Crockpot is so good for those busy days when the hour before dinnertime is just too hectic to cook. Preparing pork in your slow cooker will always result in a delicious dinner. It always comes out so moist and flavorful with a good marinade to finish. You can play around with the seasonings and spices used in this recipe to adjust the heat and acidity to your liking.
The raspberry chipotle sauce is simple to make and can be assembled in no time, making this a very quick meal to prepare with a fancy flair that everyone loves.
Should you sear pork roast before adding it to a slow cooker?
Searing pork roast before cooking in a slow cooker will create a beautiful crust that adds flavor, and locks in the natural juices. It’s always a wonderful idea to sear your meat before adding it to your slow cooker if you have time.
However, for this crockpot cranberry raspberry pork roast recipe we did not opt to do this. You can sear the roast by coating it with some light seasonings such as salt, pepper, and maybe even a mixed meat seasoning. Searing the meat will not only create a beautiful crust, but it will get the juices flowing and help in tenderizing the meat.
Variations in seasonings and spices can be used to introduce new flavors and add complexity. While the crockpot cranberry raspberry pork roast recipe is complex and delicious as written, here are some ideas for how you could play around with this recipe and build on it.
- Use dijon mustard and caramelized onions to create a dinner similar to the popular slow cooker German pork roast
- Slow cooker rosemary balsamic pork roast is another popular option for this meat
- Aromatic spices like cumin, sage, thyme, and ginger are wonderful with pork roasts
- Apples, pears, and pineapple are popular fruits to enjoy with pork dinners
- Honey, brown sugar, and pure maple syrup can be used as sweeteners and ways to caramelize the crust on this meat
- Fresh peppers like jalapeno, banana peppers, pepperoncinis and others can be used to bring heat to this dinner
How do you keep pork roast from drying out in a slow cooker?
When you are cooking in a slow cooker it is very important to have enough liquid for the meat to marinate in. Water, broth, stock, or wine will keep the meat from drying out while infusing flavor and added moisture to the meat. This will yield a tender, moist finished product that is juicy and delicious.
What can you serve with Crockpot Cranberry Raspberry Pork Roast?
The wonderful thing about this cranberry pork roast dinner is that it can be enjoyed alongside an array of sides. Here are some of our favorites.
- Cheesy scalloped potatoes
- Baked acorn squash
- Sweet potato casserole with a pecan topping
- Simple roasted asparagus
Crockpot Cranberry Raspberry Pork Roast Recipe
This crockpot cranberry raspberry pork roast is a very versatile recipe that can be prepared and served as simple or extravagant as you desire. We are sharing a basic assembly that prioritizes time and simplicity, but feel free to add your own flair and make this recipe fit your occasion.
- Slice the pork roast into large sections and lay in the bottom of the crock pot
- Layer onion slices over the pork
- Add all the other ingredients into a bowl and mix together well, except the orange rinds
- Pour the wet ingredients over the pork and onions and layer the orange slices over the top
- Set the crock pot on high for four hours or set it to six hours on low
Crockpot Cranberry Raspberry Pork Roast is a hearty and flavor filled dinner. Our homemade raspberry sauce and chipotle spice combine nicely with the fresh orange slices, onions, and peppers to make a delightfully complex flavor profile.
- 1 1/2 to 3 lb pork sirloin tip roast
- 1 large sweet onion-sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 orange sliced-rind and all
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp. chipotle seasoning
- 2 pasilla peppers-sliced with seeds in as desired
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 oz. whole cranberry sauce
- 3/4 Cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries.
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
Pork Roast Assembly:
- Slice the pork roast into large sections and lay in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer onion over the pork.
- Add the other ingredients EXCEPT the orange slices into a bowl and mix together well.
- Pour the mixed ingredients over the pork and onions and layer the orange slices over the top.
- Set the crock pot to high for four hours or set it to six hours. With the pork cut up even 8 hours will work just fine.
Be sure to explore these other delicious crock pot dinners
We enjoy meeting you on our social networks. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram . Tag us with your pictures of our recipes and comment on how it went for you. We would love to see what you do with them.
We often like, comment and share your posts of our recipes on our daily Instagram stories.
Ask questions and rate the recipe in the comments section below. Please share what you did with this recipe. We are always looking for more and better ways to make homemade food. Other cooks love your ideas!