Meatloaf with an Italian twist. Italian Stuffed Meatloaf is delicious and filling, full of cheese and garnished with olives!
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 12 oz. can olives, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 29 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 Cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 8 x 8 baking dish
- Mix the hamburger, egg, oats, onion, pepper and parmesan cheese thoroughly
- Press 1/2 of the hamburger mixture into the bottom of the baking dish
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese over the hamburger to within one inch of the outside perimeter
- Spread 1/2 of the olives, 1/2 of the mozzarella and 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce over the cheese
- Place the remaining hamburger mixture over the filling and press the edges closed
- Smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese and olives over the top. Pour the remaining spaghetti sauce over all and smooth it with a spatula
- Bake for 45 minutes or until it bubbles
Amount Per Serving Calories 349Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 69mgSodium 1206mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 17g
This is one of my recipes that came from my friend Betty. She gave me`several recipes I am very happy to share with you all. Italian stuffed meatloaf is one of them. Easy, delicious and different; this popular dinner is a fun way to dress up meatloaf.
Turn the leftovers into a delicious Italian Stuffed sandwich. The guys in our family all love this meatloaf recipe and the sandwich! That makes me a happy cook!
The directions are really simple but different from regular meatloaf. I am using my homemade Marinara sauce in this recipe. Outstanding Flavor boost! Also homemade sun dried tomatoes would be great layered into the filling layer. I also used some of my dried herbs from the garden. Fresh is best anytime. The flavors of these homemade condiments and sauce was just WOW!
Italian Stuffed Meatloaf Recipe:
I’ve made this recipe many years using store bought marinara sauce and it turned out fine. So don’t stress …but if you happen to have the homemade ingredients on hand, I highly recommend them.
- Make the hamburger mixture and split it half
- Press the bottom patty into your baking dish evenly
- Sprinkle the filling ingredients over the bottom patty to within one inch of the edge
- Layer the top patty over the bottom patty and press the outer edge closed
- Sprinkle the top layer ingredients over all and bake!
That’s all there is to it! Go ahead and adjust the filling ingredients to whatever you have on hand. This recipe is easy, delicious and pretty versatile. Try peppers and hot sauce, Italian seasonings and various white or smoky cheeses. It all works if you like it, and it will still be Italian. Enjoy your meatloaf!
If you have leftovers; make a meatloaf sandwich!