Delicious pumpkin coffee cake bursting with fall flavors. This cake is easy to make. A perfect morning breakfast indulge with a cup of coffee. After all, it’s coffee cake!
I am so ready for fall! Summer was fun, it was hot and beautiful. But I am ready for crisp fall mornings, leaves falling on the ground, and warm baked goodies. I’m a huge fan of all things fall and all things pumpkin.
Actually, last year we went kind of nuts over pumpkin. If you’re looking for treats with pumpkin here’s several pages of pumpkin recipes you may enjoy!
All over my Facebook feed, my Pinterest feed, and my Instagram page fall is trending! I would say I’m not alone in my eagerness for beautiful fall days.
Pumpkin is a staple of the Fall season. I craved a good pumpkin baked dessert to kick off the Football season. We often host a football party for our friends and family. I keep changing up the goodies to keep our football fans happy.
I also bring this delicious recipe out for a mid winter or early spring treat. It’s a great way to use up your frozen puree or extra canned pumpkin.
This pumpkin coffee cake is dense and rich with hints of cinnamon and pumpkin flavor. This coffee cake has nice crunchy bits in the center of the cake. And then there is the Caramel sauce…It’s a very popular Treat.
Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe:
This recipe makes a thick rich dessert for a LARGE crowd. This recipe is perfect for a holiday crowd. If you have just a few to feed I recommend cutting the recipe in half and using a 9 x 9 greased baking pan.
For the finishing touch, DON’T forget the caramel sauce! Our Homemade Buttermilk Caramel Sauce is easy to make and adds so much to this recipe. I LOVE this caramel sauce. I poured it all over our Caramel Pecan banana Date bread and everything else edible I could find too. Yum!
- Fat 9 g
- Carbs 29 g
- Protein 3 g
Delicious pumpkin coffee cake is moist and delicious. This cake has a middle crumble layer and topping to bring up the flavor and add an appealing changeup in the texture. Serve with Caramel sauce for the ultimate decadent treat. A perfect morning breakfast indulge with a cup of coffee. After all, it's coffee cake!
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
For the Cake
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11/2 Cups pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spray or grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- For the crumble, mix together butter, brown sugar, flour, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and pecans until crumbs start to form.
- Mix together pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and flour in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars until they are thoroughly mixed, add in eggs one at a time.
- Next, add milk, heavy cream, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in flour and pumpkin puree in stages until they are both mixed in.
- Pour half the batter in the cake pan and top with half of the crumble mix.
- Pour the rest of the batter in the pan and top with the remaining crumble.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness
- Let cool and then pour on the caramel sauce over the top of the cake. Or serve the sauce on the side if you prefer.
Amount Per Serving Calories 204
If you purchase items from our affiliate links we may receive a small commision at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Homemade Food Junkie!
Adapted from Deliciously Yum