Your guests will love this vegetarian party appetizer. Strawberry basil Bruschetta recipe with goat cheese will not last long on your party tray . A chocolate Balsamic reduction sauce brings the flavor off the charts!
A tray of these finger foods make a gorgeous and delicious summer appetizer with in season fresh strawberries and basil.
This Strawberry balsamic bruschetta recipe is an excellent 4th of July appetizer with fresh berries. Here’s your red on a flavorful white goat cheese spread. It will look great on your red white and blue food table.
Watch me Make this Bruschetta Appetizer Recipe:
Fresh Strawberries are lovely and delicious in summer appetizers like this. And so good! We made this recipe with our fresh ripe Garden Strawberries.
Strawberry recipes are incredible when the berries are in season. Fresh ripe on the vine berries are in a class by themselves. Sun sweetened, firm and plump.
If you don’t grow your own berries find them at your grocer. Or better yet, your local food co op or Farmers Market.
TIP: For best results use only fresh perfectly ripe strawberries in this holiday appetizer. Frozen berries will give you a mushy topping. The fresh berry topping has a much better flavor and texture.
When you chop the berries with basil and add a touch of lime and maple syrup the topping is so fresh, bright and slightly sweet.
Looking for more appetizer ideas and finger foods for a party? Visit our appetizer section.
Your party guests will enjoy crunchy crusty bruschetta bread with the herbed goat cheese and our tangy sweet strawberry topping.
And then you drizzle it with the finishing touch. Read on.
The Balsamic Reduction sauce:
Balsamic vinegar is astonishingly flavorful and NOT AT ALL related to either apple cider or the red or white wine vinegars. DO NOT substitute! You will be horribly disappointed in the flavors if you do. Bleck.
Balsamic vinegar is an Italian vinegar made from grape ‘must’. It’s a unique and variable flavor profile that is often enhanced with other flavors in gourmet balsamic vinegars. It’s a wonderful world of flavor for foodies.
A balsamic glaze is NOT the same thing as a Vinaigrette balsamic. For this recipe choose a balsamic glaze or reduction sauce.
You want a thicker pour with a hint of that tangy sweet only derived from adding sugar to the vinegar and boiling it down to reduce it by half. And then…
You know Strawberries and chocolate are made for each other. Right? In this finger food recipe we are using that flavor combination with a twist.
Use chocolate balsamic reduction sauce (or glaze). Not kidding. It’s so good over this strawberry basil topping. The chocolate adds a really nice touch to this recipe.
Any plain balsamic glaze will work in this Italian appetizer but the chocolate is VERY good with the strawberry topping.
Sourcing the Chocolate Balsamic Glaze:
Safeway has two different brands on the shelf. I’m sure you won’t have any trouble sourcing the chocolate flavored balsamic vinegar reduction sauce. I linked the brand I used in the recipe card ingredients if you want to take a closer look at it.
The Goat Cheese:
Any way you spread it, Goat cheese appetizers like this one are very popular. Because they are delicious. If you haven’t tried goat cheese. You are going to love this recipe.
We love Goat cheese recipes. I put that delicious soft cheese on crostinis too. And in salads and in lots of other recipes.
Fresh basil also adds a nice filip of freshness. We chose a herb blend goat cheese to go with the basil. And it really does add a nice extra bit of garlic herb flavor.
How to Make this Bruschetta Recipe:
For this recipe choose a rustic artisan sourdough baguette. Bruschetta are toasted. We chose the oven method.
- The best bread choice for bruschetta is a 26 inch long artisan bread baguette. It will make you 24 slices which is what you need.
- Discard the ends of the bread.
- I toasted the bread in my oven after it was brushed with olive oil. You might prefer to grill your bread. Either method of toasting is fine.
- Use a 26 inch long baguette for your bruschetta recipe
- Cut the loaf on the diagonal to make your bruschetta bread less round shaped. That’s what I did.
- Oil your slices top and bottom
- lightly salt and pepper the oiled parts
- bake 5 minutes a side and cool.
- spread with goat cheese and the strawberry bruschetta topping
- drizzle with the chocolate balsamic glaze.
- serve immediately
Your Printable Recipe Card with Nutrition label:
Toasted Bruschetta with goat cheese and a tangy sweet strawberry basil topping drizzled with Balsamic reduction sauce. A gorgeous summer appetizer with in season fresh strawberries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut your baguette into 24 even slices
- Arrange the slices on an oiled or lined baking sheet.
- Brush both top and bottom of the slices with olive oil.
- Sprinkle a light coat of salt and pepper over the tops and bottoms.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven
- Flip the bread slices over.
- Return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the bruschettas and let cool.
- Chop the fresh basil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl pour in two cups chopped strawberries.
- Toss the chopped strawberries with lime juice and maple syrup.
- sprinkle the chopped basil over the coated berries and stir together.
- Spread the cooled bruschetta slices with goat cheese.
- Fill a fork with the strawberry mixture and slide it onto the goat cheese topped bruschetta.
- Repeat for all the bruschetta slices.
- Remove to party tray
- Drizzle the balsamic sauce lightly over all of the strawberry basil bruschetta.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Klikel 4 Serving Platters | Classic White Plate | Serving Trays For Parties | Microwave And Dishwasher Safe - 5.5 X 10
EXTRA LARGE Organic Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove - Best Kitchen Chopping Board for Meat (Butcher Block) Cheese and Vegetables | Anti Microbial Heavy Duty Serving Tray w/Handles - 18 x 12
Amount Per Serving Calories 57Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 2mgSodium 103mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 2g
Slightly Adapted from Carlsbad Cravings Recipe: