This classically elegant White Cranberry Mimosa recipe is so easy to make and perfect for a large brunch, bridal shower, or winter event. Garnished with fresh, plump cranberries and a sprig of rosemary it embodies the sophistication of the winter holidays.
What fruit is best for Mimosas?
While fresh orange juice is the traditional juice found in mimosas, it is by no means the only option. Many other juices and fresh fruits create stunning and delicious mimosas. Pineapple, guava, cranberry, pear and peach are all scrumptious ways to dazzle your guests with options and variety.
What is the best Alcohol for Mimosas?
Brut champagnes or dry white wines are the best alcohols to use when making mimosas. The juice will be high in sugar and because the ratio of alcohol to juice is nearly 50/50 a sweet wine could easily overdo it.
It is best to use a low sugar bubbly that will compliment and balance the sweetness of juice and fruit garnishes used.
This white wine cocktail makes a wonderful Christmas brunch refresher. It would also be a stunning way to toast a bride and groom at a winter wedding; the pop of red and Christmas green bring all of the beauty and elegance of the holiday.
If you’re looking for more fall themed cocktails, here are some of our favorites.
How to you create a Mimosa Bar?
Mimosa bars are a popular idea for group gatherings like bridal showers, girls nights, corporate events, and holiday parties. You can offer various mimosa ingredients and garnishes and let your guests choose the proportions of juice to wine as they prefer. As a general rule of thumb you want to provide one 750ml bottle of champagne or sparkling wine for every 2 guests.
- Set the glasses at the front of the table where guests can easily reach them
- Set out the chilled champagne and sparkling wine in ice buckets
- Provide chilled juices in easily pourable and well marked carafes
- Have bowls with tongs or spoons available for garnishes
- Napkins in case of condensation on the glasses
A White Cranberry Mimosa punch may better serve your party needs. You will find tips on making this recipe into a punch in this post above the printable recipe card below. This is a simple way to provide the refreshment while infusing it with the flavors of the fresh rosemary sprigs and cranberries.
What kind of glasses do you use for Mimosas?
Because sparkling wines and bubbly are the alcohol used for mimosas, traditionally classic stemmed or stemless champagne flutes are used for mimosas.
The tall design of stemmed glasses help to preserve the bubbles and the flavor integrity of the wine. Heat from our hands will warm the drink which will change the flavor and crispness of the chilled, bubbly alcohol.
If you are serving a large crowd, stemless glasses are a good option because they are less likely to tip and spill. Just be sure to provide napkins to assist your guests in holding the glass in case of condensation.
What are the ingredients for a White Cranberry Mimosa?
We chose an inexpensive sweet Ballatore sparkling wine and are very happy with it. A white sparkling Prosecco wine is also a great choice, as well as a brut champagne.
- White sparkling wine- Ballatore or prosecco are both fine
- White cranberry juice
- Fresh cranberries
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary
You may have a bit of trouble locating white cranberry juice. Most stores carry a selection of cranberry juice blends. We purchased this juice through Amazon. I’ve linked pure white cranberry juice in the recipe card ingredients list for you if you can’t find it at the store.
The rosemary sprig will infuse its essence into the cranberry and wine. Let it drop into the bottom of your glass and infuse right into this classy drink.
As you can see it’s just a simple poured champagne cocktail.
White Cranberry Wine Punch
A punch bowl is an option, but not the best choice for this bubbly drink. The fizz will be lost after a couple hours due to the warming and the exposure to the air. However, if you are doing a quick serve it is a much simpler way for you guests to enjoy this mimosa.
If you are serving about 8 people in 8 oz. glasses you will need
- One 750 ml bottle of sparkling wine or champagne
- One 32 oz. bottle of white cranberry juice
- Fresh cranberries
- Fresh rosemary
- Chilling everything in advance will help sustain the bubbles longer. Chill the punch bowl as well.
- Pour the juice first and add the bubbly right before setting out the punch.
- Float the cranberries on top of the punch and put the rosemary in the bottom of the bowl so infuse into the juice.
- Arrange fresh rosemary sprigs as desired around the punch bowl.
Set your Christmas brunch table with the gorgeous White Cranberry Mimosa. This is a simple and elegant champagne cocktail. The rosemary is essential to the flavor of this fall cocktail. It's a perfect counterpoint to the white cranberry juice.
- 32 oz. white cranberry juice](https://amzn.to/2PkhWa0)
- 750 ml white champagne or sparkling white wine.(I suggest Cava, Prosecco or Brut.)
- Pour the white cranberry juice into each glass
- pour in the champagne.
- Add the sprig of rosemary to the glass.
- Add 4 fresh cranberries.
Alternate Garnish Idea.
NOTE: This will give you a sweeter drink. Use the Brut extra dry champagne with this garnish.
Cinnamon Sugar Rim on your Glass:
- Mix equal parts sugar and cinnamon on a flat plate.
- On a separate small flat plate pour some simple syrup.
- Invert the glasses so just the rim is wetted with simple syrup.
- Now set the wet rim into the sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Set the glasses up and you are ready to pour your mimosas.
The Recipe Yield for this recipe assumes an 8 oz. glass and using 2/3 wine to 1/3 juice. You will get more wine yield if using 50/50 proportions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 mimosa
Amount Per Serving Calories 111Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 17mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 0gSugar 11gProtein 0g
We enjoy meeting you on our social networks. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram . Tag us with your pictures of our recipes and comment on how it went for you. We would love to see what you do with them.
We often like, comment and share your posts of our recipes on our daily Instagram stories.
Ask questions and rate the recipe in the comments section below. Please share what you did with this recipe. We are always looking for more and better ways to make homemade food. Other cooks love your ideas!
- Easy Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Simple Pumpkin Pie Twists
- Apple Pie Spiced Coffee Recipe
- Mexican Rice and Chicken One Pot Dinner
- 13 Amazing Summer Mocktail Recipes