This delicious Apple Pie Cheesecake is a merger of two excellent desserts. The apple pie filling sits on top of a wonderful low-fat cheesecake surrounded by a crunchy graham cracker crust. The flavors compliment each other beautifully!
If you need a gluten free cheesecake, Follow the directions for this cheesecake and the homemade apple pie filling and use any gluten free crust. OR Try our Gluten free Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake with a nutty gluten free crust. OR try our popular Gluten free Crustless New York Cheesecake and pour any gluten free Apple Pie filling over the top.
I make my own apple pie filling and this recipe looked like a great way to use some of my apples from our garden mini orchard in a fun new way. I made this for Thanksgiving last year and fed it to people already bursting from too much good food. We had leftovers from that meal. Lots of leftovers!! If you have leftovers from Thanksgiving try our fun leftover Holiday Pie to use them up. Having Ham? Here’s a Hambone Soup from leftovers.
My brother, Jeff, caught sight of this lovely after watching a great football game and letting his dinner settle a bit. He had a piece, a BIG piece. And then he wanted more. And had to take some home with him! This lovely yummy dessert makes a nice, crowd pleasing, finishing touch to your meal.
Did you happen to notice the gorgeous plate and matching dessert plates this recipe is sitting on? My mom brought this set over this week for me. It was my great Grandma Andrle’s set. I am so excited to be displaying this lovely dessert on my great grandma’s dishes. Special, special moment for me; I’m delighted to share it with you!
I found this recipe for Apple Pie Cheesecake on skinnykitchen.com. My blogger friend, Nancy Fox, runs Skinny Kitchen. She has a wonderful website full of excellent, healthy recipes. Go to her site, if you’d like to see how to really pull the calories down on this recipe, and find many other excellent recipes for healthy good food.
I modified her Apple Pie Cheesecake recipe to suit what I had in the house. I’m using real chicken eggs because I have about a million homegrown eggs in my fridge at any given time. Fresh, free range chicken eggs are always going into my recipes.
I love the way my modified version came out. Here are some Tips on how this recipe works best. Enjoy!
Recipe Notes on Apple Pie Cheesecake:
This is an easy recipe to make. Especially if you’re using a canned apple pie filling.
- Whip up the graham crust and press it in the springform pan. Feel free to use your own crust recipe if you desire!
- Make the cheesecake filling and then pour it into the crust and bake it. (you do NOT have to do the water bath with this cheesecake. Mine did not crack. But if yours does, it doesn’t matter because the apple pie filling will cover the top)
- Make your apple pie filling if using fresh or frozen apples and cool it in the fridge.
- Chill the cheesecake in the fridge until set.
- Spoon and spread the apple pie filling gently over the cheesecake. Chill until serving time.
If You Are Using Fresh Apples:
- You will make this filling as the cheesecake cooks or cools; so it does not affect your finishing time
- Cut and core the apples
- Make the apple pie filling as described
- Cool completely to room temperature before spreading on the top of your cooled cheesecake.
If you purchase Items from our affiliate links we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for supporting Homemade Food Junkie.
Recipe adapted from :http://www.skinnykitchen.com/