Apple pumpkin seed muffins are made entirely from scratch. Full of healthy fibrous fresh apples, pumpkin seeds, ginger and flax meal. These muffins make a nutritious breakfast or healthy grab food anytime of day or night!
Fall food is one of the best perks about the end of summer. I’m sad to see our long warm days go. Summer is beautiful here. Our Fall weather is usually good through mid-October. The dark, short, gloomy rainy days begin soon after. I console myself with these tasty muffins!
I have a huge basket of apples in my living room right now. Our apple trees are loaded with gorgeous, perfectly ripe apples. So apple recipes are big for me right now.
I’m going start making apple pie filling sometime this weekend. I want to make Apple Caramel Pie and also put some into our freezer for other apple recipes. Right now I’m into apple muffins. And drying them. We Love homemade apple chips.
Apple Pumpkin Seed Muffins Recipe:
Putting apples together with fresh ginger greatly enhances these muffins. The sparks of fresh ginger are the perfect compliment to the fresh apples. are full of good flavor, fiber and fats! And the pumpkin seeds add a nice bit of nutty crunch and saltiness.
Apple pumpkin seed muffin are so filling they make great grab food. Add these muffins to your lunch boxes or picnics. Make a batch for breakfast on the go, after school snacks and after dinner treats.
This recipe is very easy with a food processor. Just core your apples, I use a OXO Good Grips Apple Corer and Divider and throw the apple sections into your food processor. This is a fast easy way to core and cut up your apples!
This recipe is easy to make when you use a few gadgets. Add the fresh ginger into the food processor with apples. To make this recipe REALLY easy; throw in the pumpkin seeds too. No hand chopping!
If you don’t have the food processor you’ll have to hand cut. That can take some time but I promise it is worth it!
Muffins like these are what homemade scratch cooking is all about. You won’t find these at your local grocery store bakery!
- 11/4 Cup organic all purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup organic sugar
- 1/2 Cup chopped pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 Cup Flax meal
- 1/4 Cup organic instant oats-I used apple flavored
- 11/2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp, salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger-minced fine
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 Cups peeled, chopped organic apples-skins on
- 1/2 Cup melted coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Whisk the flour, sugar, flax meal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together in as large mixing bowl.
- Core and cut the apples finely.
- Mince the ginger
- Put the eggs into a medium bowl and slightly beat them.
- Add the apples, ginger, water and coconut oil and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until well combined.
- Put into mini cupcake liners or well-greased baking tin by teaspoonfuls until half full.
- If using regular sized muffin tins grease or line them with paper or silicone cups and fill half full
- Bake minis sized muffins 10 minutes and the regular sized muffin cups 15 minutes or until done.
- Cool until handleable, about 10 or 15 minutes. The muffins peel out of the wrappers easier when they are a bit cooler.