Blueberry banana smoothie is packed with antioxidants and protein! This delicious smoothie offers a blend of healthy nutrients and yummy fruits. This healthy breakfast is Low-Sodium, Vegetarian, and Gluten-Free!
We have many delicious smoothie recipes full of healthful, delicious ingredients. Take a look at our Nutritious Breakfast Smoothie, and our Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein smoothie.
I have fallen off the workout bandwagon once again. I seem to go in fits and starts. The only encouragement I have is that my last workout stint lasted a whole month.
It’s very sad, I know. But I always get way more active in the spring and summertime. I would much rather build a garden fence or chop wood for exercise than sit and do reps on a machine all day.
Watch me Make this Healthy Breakfast Drink:I was raised on a tiny farm where we did lots of active things. My calories were burned cleaning out the animal pens, (4 H projects are great). It’s seriously hard work to shovel horse, pig, cow, and sheep waste for any amount of time!
I was rewarded with yummy home grown fruits and vegetable juice that my Mom would make. One of our family favorites is Homemade Grape Juice.
Blueberry Banana Smoothie is SO Healthy!
I love the idea of getting vitamins and protein from a smoothie. It’s so easy to blend up a bunch of healthy foods in one nutritious meal.
I’m a lazy eater so I like to make food I can feel good about without a whole lot of effort on my part.
Our blueberry banana smoothie fits my lifestyle perfectly. This is a healthy smoothie that tastes like dessert. High protein smoothie recipes like this one satisfy hunger too. My kind of living.
My mom and dad enjoy Green juices. Follow the link to get started with green juice recipes. I prefer fruit smoothies. Or ANY smoothies. So yummy!
Why Organic Blueberries?
Blueberries are packed with health benefits and are best eaten raw. Fortunately, blueberries can be frozen without losing any of their health benefits. Be sure to buy organic, flash frozen, unsweetened blueberries.
It’s like eating candy to pop these little, frozen, health gems into your mouth. Frozen blueberries are perfect for a healthy blueberry smoothie.
WH foods page on blueberries describes, in detail, the health benefits of organic blueberries: Just one cup of blueberries, will support your body’s health in all these ways.
- A very good source of Vitamin K and C, manganese.
- Heart health benefits include reducing cholesterol and improve blood vessel health. Blueberries also help regulate your blood pressure!
- Heavily loaded with Antioxidants and phytonutrients!
- Memory improvement. Blueberries help reduce aging mental disorders.
- Low glycemic FUNCTION for great blood sugar affects.
- Eye health benefits include protection of the retina from oxygen and sun damage.
- Help prevent, or battle, breast cancer, colon cancer, esophageal cancer, and cancers of the small intestine. More research is being conducted on other forms of cancer this incredible berry may protect against!
- Organic blueberries boost health even more!
Bananas are a delicious, low glycemic, high fiber fruit. Bananas contain many vitamins and minerals.
Chia seeds have 11 proven health benefits.
Instructions and Tips for this banana berry smoothie:
- Freeze a couple of bananas cut in half ahead of time (maybe the night before) so you can make more than one of these if you want. They are good!
- Put all ingredients into a blender and pulse until the smoothie is well blended.
- Tips and tricks:
- Frozen bananas make a thick cold smoothie without the ice.
- You can use vanilla yogurt in place of plain. Be sure it’s Greek style.
- You can put ice cubes into the smoothie if you would like it to be a thicker consistency.
- I use coconut milk because it only has 80 calories per serving. (any milk would do)
- I use protein powder because I’m a vegetarian and I get a lot of my protein from smoothies.
- You may leave out the powder if you don’t want to use it.
- Toss in either ground flaxseed or chia seed to boost breast milk production.
If you purchase items from our affiliate links we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you supporting Homemade Food Junkie.
Join me and start your day off right with this Blueberry Banana breakfast in a cup!
NOTE: Turns out all the straining we do making Greek Yogurt,( learn how to make your own here to save tons of money) takes most of the lactose out too.
So this Yogurt smoothie is much more digestible for Lactose sensitive people. Give this recipe a try if dairy bothers you but Greek yogurt doesn’t.
If you are INTOLERANT of lactose the Greek Yogurt and this recipe may cause you some gastric trouble.
Here is the Printable for this Healthy Blueberry Banana Smoothie Recipe:
You can put ice cubes into the smoothie if you would like it to be a thicker consistency. Coconut milk only has 80 calories per serving. (any milk will work in this smoothie) Use protein powder for the protein boost. Especially valuable for vegetarians. RECOMMENDED FOR BREASTFEEDING: ADD 1 Tablespoon of either flaxseed or chia seed to boost milk production.
Tips and tricks:
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 254
You can put ice cubes into the smoothie if you would like it to be a thicker consistency.
Coconut milk only has 80 calories per serving. (any milk will work in this smoothie)
Use protein powder for the protein boost. Especially valuable for vegetarians.
RECOMMENDED FOR BREASTFEEDING: ADD 1 Tablespoon of either flaxseed or chia seed to boost milk production.
This recipe is featured on Mode.com