A beautiful Cranberry Bundt Cake is always welcome at your Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday parties. This cake also makes a great choice for a Christmas morning make ahead breakfast. It looks gorgeous sliced on a party tray and is sturdy enough for finger food with napkins.
This light, flavorful cake filled with whole cranberry sauce for a delicious holiday flair. Using Real Cranberries, choosing a healthy oil and Greek yogurt make this a healthier holiday treat.
Coconut oil adds a wonderful flavor to every baked good I have tried it with. If you just don’t do coconut oil (some people really don’t like the flavor-imagine that!) I prefer to keep olive oils out of my dessert baking.
Heart Healthy Avocado oil is stable at very high heat both in the oven and on the stove which means it keeps its healthy properties when baked and adds no noticeable flavor to baked goods. This article compares the different pros and cons of oils.
Non-fat Greek yogurt provides lightness and great flavor, to baked goods. Adding healthy oil and Greek yogurt enhances this recipe and increase its nutrients, texture and flavor.
The cranberry sauce adds another nutritional boost to this recipe. Whole cranberries, especially organic, make a wonderful Homemade Cranberry sauce that has no processed sugar and is chock full of yummy.
If you purchase items from our affiliate links we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for supporting Homemade Food Junkie.
Cranberry Bundt Cake Recipe Notes:
- This cake is beautiful in a greased 10 inch bundt pan (I use coconut oil spray to grease my pans, no flour needed, works great!)
- Making this recipe is easy. Just open a can of whole cranberry sauce for the filling or use homemade cranberry sauce for extra lovely flavor. (This is a great recipe for using up leftover cranberry sauce BTW). Set it aside while you assemble the batter.
- Layer the batter and cranberry sauce in two layers, give it a swirl with your favorite sharp knife and pop it into the oven.
- The batter is a bit thick. It worked best for me to use a spoon to spread the batter and smooth it with a spatula into the edges of the bundt pan. This cake bakes beautifully and finishes well.
- The icing ingredients will need to be adjusted to attain the correct consistency of icing you prefer. I’ve given you directions for a thick icing. Add water and stir until the icing pours over the cake as you desire.
296 CALORIES / Serving
Fat 16% 12 g
Carbs 13% 44 g
Protein 9% 5 g
Your Printable Recipe:
Cranberry Bundt Cake
Beautiful Cranberry Bundt Cake with cranberry sauce right in the cake for your holiday party or Christmas morning make ahead breakfast.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 12 oz. can whole cranberry sauce, about 1 1/4 Cups homemade cranberries
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tblsp cream
- 1 1/2 Tblsp water-as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease bundt pan
- Whisk together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Pour in the oil and almond flavoring into sugar and mix until combined.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients and yogurt and mix well.
- Spoon into your fluted bundt pan half of the batter.
- Leaving room on the outside edges of the batter, spoon in half of the cranberry sauce.
- Repeat the layer, and swirl the batter together with the cranberry sauce. Make sure the batter is level in the pan when finished.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean and the cake is resilient to the touch..
- Let cool in pan and then invert to a cake plate.
Make glaze to your sired consistency by mixing together the powdered sugar, almond extract and cream. It will be thick, almost dough like.
- Add the water a little at a time and mix until the icing is a good pouring consistency. Pour carefully over the top of the cake. Allow the icing to slide down the sides of the cake. Serve.
This cake is easy to make ahead (do not ice it) and freeze up to two weeks before serving tightly covered. The moist center and icing make it a lovely choice for busy holiday parties.
On serving day, remove from the freezer and let sit at room temperature to defrost. Make the icing and ice the cake at room temperature. Serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 296
Monday 12th of November 2018
This sounds very festive. Would like to make this as a gift for someone. Thanks
Monday 12th of November 2018
Hi Roseanne, It's a great choice for a holiday foodie gift. Let us know how it goes for you. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Tuesday 9th of June 2015
This is delicious! Thank you for this wonderful recipe,
Tuesday 16th of June 2015
Thank you for the visit and lovely comment Rachel. I'm so happy you enjoyed our cranberry bundt cake!
Thursday 18th of December 2014
Thank you so much for joining in the celebration tonight on #PureBlogLove , we enjoy having you each week. I hope to see you next week on Thursday 8 pm est - through Sunday night.