Blueberry Lemon Chia Seed Bundt Cake is a very tasty combination of blueberries and fresh lemons. Lemons in the cake and the glaze compliment the sweet pops of blueberries. Together with a bit of chia seed crunch this is a delicious tangy sweet dessert. Perfect for a large event or holiday. This cake holds several days at room temperature if covered.
This is a pretty bundt cake with outstanding flavor. My family went nuts for this one! I used organic sugar and Chia seeds in this recipe for extra nutrition and fiber! I really like the Chia seeds in this recipe. Bundt cakes are an easy way to make a lovely dessert with little fuss. This recipe is a good one!
My Chocolate Zucchini Cake is a summertime standby we all love. The Lovely Lemon Rose cake is an excellent Spring dessert and truly beautiful. Yet, This time I wanted an easy bundt with blueberries to jazz it up. And then there were the Chia seeds…
It was a bit of a risk for me. I haven’t tried baking Chia seeds into cakes before. Chia is great baked into granola; so why not cake? It worked too! Everyone thought they were poppy seeds.The tiny bits of crunch added a nice element to the cake. Chia seeds get stuck in your teeth exactly the same as poppy seeds too 🙂
I’m not calling this health food. But it IS real food. No cake mix chemicals here. Just regular kitchen cupboard ingredients. (I know you all have Chia seeds for your morning smoothies by now!
Blueberries are my go-to winter fruit. The poster child for superfood fruits, Blueberries, if properly frozen, retain all their nutrients in the freezer! And they interchange perfectly fresh or frozen in recipes. If you are home freezing them, just make sure they are frozen on a baking sheet before bagging them. This will help you when you go to use them. They can go directly into the recipes without draining, as soon as they thaw out! So they become a perfect partner for in-season lemons. Lemons are best used fresh. Make this cake in the winter or spring when they are freshest.
Blueberry Lemon Chia Seed Bundt Cake Recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan with coconut oil
- Combine organic granulated sugar and coconut oil in a large bowl.
- Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth and airy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- lightly spoon flour (do NOT compress flour!) into dry measuring cups, level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients, stir with a whisk.
- Gently fold blueberries into flour mixture.
- Combine 3/4 cup buttermilk, 1/3 cup strained fresh lemon juice, and extracts.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan; cool on rack.
Blueberry Lemon Chia Seed Bundt Cake. Let sit in the bundt pan five minutes. Turn the pan upside down on a cooling rack and let the cake cool to room temperature.
To prepare glaze:
- Place powdered sugar in a small bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon buttermilk and 1 tablespoon juice, stirring with a whisk until combined.
- Pour glaze over warm cake; cool completely.
- Glaze will set and harden after the cake cools
Pouring on the Glaze:
- Start on the ridge top and slowly pour in a circle until the circle is completed. We did two circles.
- You MUST Pour on the glaze all at once. If you let it harden and then pour on more, you will have unsightly runs in the glaze!
Blueberry Lemon Chia Seed Bundt Cake Printable Recipe: