Cinnamon Spice Apple Bread is a cozy winter quick bread full of healthy natural ingredients. This is an easy dessert recipe with fresh apples, ginger and pure organic maple syrup. Bring your family loads of nutrients and healthy fats in this yummy snack bread. Healthy Comfort food!
I’ve mentioned before in my Banana bread recipes and zucchini bread posts how much I LOVE quick breads of all kinds. But they are so full of sugar and carbs I try not to load up quick bread recipes.
My other strategy to get my favorite snack food into my diet more often is to improve the health factor by using fresh natural ingredients. This apple cinnamon bread has a lot of good natural ingredients. It’s very sustaining and it tastes fantastic.
This is my Pumpkin Apple Bread Recipe on video. It’s Another excellent way to use up your fresh apples.
Bread will always be a carby treat. But we can do something about the sweetener and make the fat and other add ins healthy. I sweetened this recipe with Pure Organic Maple Syrup.
Maple syrup is a bit lower on the glycemic scale than white sugar. This bread is still heavenly and sweet but now you’re taste buds can also pick up the other very interesting flavors it has to offer.
Yummy, healthy fresh ginger is one of those flavors. Fresh ginger is a lovely flavor enhancement in apple recipes. I put it my Fresh Apple Spice muffins and we enjoyed them so much I knew fresh ginger is going into this bread too! Add in the cinnamon along with the vanilla and almond flavorings for an apple pie flavor you will love!
Cinnamon Spice Apple Bread Recipe:
I made this recipe the easy way with my handy dandy Cuisinart food processor. If you prefer a chunkier texture, hand chopping is the way to go. For me easy apple desserts mean no chopping. I much prefer the food processor for this.
Also, I LOVE baking with coconut oil for great flavor and healthy fats. If you prefer, or don’t care for coconut oil try avocado oil. Avocado oil is another healthy oil and the flavor is not too strong for baking.
Recipe yields one 9 x 4 loaf
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Now stir together the wet ingredients (make sure to melt your coconut oil).
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients and set aside.
- Put the metal blade in your food processor.
- Peel the ginger
- core the apples and cut them into slices that will fit through your small feed tube.
- Pour in the walnuts and ginger while the processor is on for about 10 seconds.
- Put the apple slices quickly into the small feed tube and pulse a time or three until you have the size apple chunks you prefer. Don’t overdo it or the nuts will be dust and the apples will be mush.
- Empty your food processor work bowl contents into the combined batter and stir until just mixed.
- Pour into your oiled 9 x 4 baking pan. Bake one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cinnamon Spice Apple Bread Recipe
Cinnamon Spice Apple Bread is a cozy winter quick bread full of healthy natural ingredients. Fresh apples, ginger and pure organic maple syrup combine with coconut oil to bring your family loads of nutrients in a yummy snack bread. Healthy Comfort food!
- 2 Cups Flour
- 11/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 Cups apples chopped fine
- 1/2 inch long piece of fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1/2 Cup of walnuts- chopped fine
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the sugar, eggs, oil, and extracts.
- Add the apples, ginger and nuts to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into two oiled 9x4 loaf pans
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake an additional 15 minutes or until toothpick come out clean.
- Cool in the loaf pans for 10 minutes before turning the loaves out on a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving Calories 172Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 19mgSodium 173mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 2g
Adapted from this recipe at Allrecipes.com
Thursday 24th of August 2017
Oven temp? Am I missing it? I'll assume.
Thursday 24th of August 2017
Hi Kat, Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have entered the correct oven temp into the printable recipe. I would love to know how this bread recipe turns out for you. Have a great day!