Cinnamon Spice Apple Bread is a cozy winter quick bread full of healthy natural ingredients. This is an easy dessert recipe with fresh apples, ginger and pure organic maple syrup. Bring your family loads of nutrients and healthy fats in this yummy snack bread. Healthy Comfort food!
My other strategy to get my favorite snack food into my diet more often is to improve the health factor by using fresh natural ingredients. This apple cinnamon bread has a lot of good natural ingredients. It’s very sustaining and it tastes fantastic.
This is my Pumpkin Apple Bread Recipe on video. It’s Another excellent way to use up your fresh apples.
Bread will always be a carby treat. But we can do something about the sweetener and make the fat and other add ins healthy. I sweetened this recipe with Pure Organic Maple Syrup.
Maple syrup is a bit lower on the glycemic scale than white sugar. This bread is still heavenly and sweet but now you’re taste buds can also pick up the other very interesting flavors it has to offer.
Yummy, healthy fresh ginger is one of those flavors. Fresh ginger is a lovely flavor enhancement in apple recipes. I put it my Fresh Apple Spice muffins and we enjoyed them so much I knew fresh ginger is going into this bread too! Add in the cinnamon along with the vanilla and almond flavorings for an apple pie flavor you will love!
Cinnamon Spice Apple Bread Recipe:
I made this recipe the easy way with my handy dandy Cuisinart food processor. If you prefer a chunkier texture, hand chopping is the way to go. For me easy apple desserts mean no chopping. I much prefer the food processor for this.
Also, I LOVE baking with coconut oil for great flavor and healthy fats. If you prefer, or don’t care for coconut oil try avocado oil. Avocado oil is another healthy oil and the flavor is not too strong for baking.
Recipe yields one 9 x 4 loaf
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Now stir together the wet ingredients (make sure to melt your coconut oil).
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients and set aside.
- Put the metal blade in your food processor.
- Peel the ginger
- core the apples and cut them into slices that will fit through your small feed tube.
- Pour in the walnuts and ginger while the processor is on for about 10 seconds.
- Put the apple slices quickly into the small feed tube and pulse a time or three until you have the size apple chunks you prefer. Don’t overdo it or the nuts will be dust and the apples will be mush.
- Empty your food processor work bowl contents into the combined batter and stir until just mixed.
- Pour into your oiled 9 x 4 baking pan. Bake one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 172 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 173mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Protein: 2g
Adapted from this recipe at Allrecipes.com