The gorgeous Blue margarita is a perfect beach cocktail. Be sure to add this blue curacao drink to your summer cocktail drink menu.
This is a delicious reposado tequila drink. Enjoy smooth tequila blended with tart and sweet citrus tones.
This simple margarita recipe takes only a few minutes to put together and it’s a show stopper. What a great ice breaker. Your tequila loving guests will feel special.
Some of Our Best Tequila Drinks:
Add all of these delicious tequila cocktails to your drink list. Every one of them is delicious and easy to make. Enjoy!
Blue Margarita Recipe:
- 1800 reposado tequila (or your favorite reposado tequila)
- Cointreau liqueur (triple sec orange liqueur MAY be substituted. But we enjoy this as a cointreau recipe best.)
- orange flavored Blue Curacao liqueur (Find the original linked or buy in your local store. Look for the Blue color)
- one fresh lime (for fresh lime juice and to garnish the cocktail)
How to Rim Your Margarita Glass:
Watch our video demonstration for this recipe on the sidebar or at the bottom of the printable recipe card below.
Ocean Blue Cointreau Margarita Recipe Walkthrough:
Here is a quick visual guide to the steps of this recipe.
I really like the pop of that cherry red accent with the lime wheel for this blue drink. The salt rim is a classic touch for a Margarita recipe.
More garnishing ideas:
- Use an orange wheel on the side
- put three cherries on a pick
- Add a sprig of fresh mint.
Have your own ideas on how to present this cocktail? We’d love to see how you make this drink recipe.
Helpful Amazon Products:
Printable Blue Margarita Curaçao Recipe:
The lovely Ocean Blue margarita fits right in by the pool or on your porch. Using a reposado tequila gives you a smooth summer cocktail with citrus tones. Very refreshing. Drink curaçao cocktail to create that summertime beachy vibe.
- 2 oz. Tequila (we used 1800 Reposado tequila)
- 1 oz. Blue Curaçao
- 1 oz. Cointreau
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
Prepare the Glass:
- Chill the glass ahead of time (30 minutes in the fridge or 15 minutes in your freezer).
- Wet the rim of the glass with a lime wedge or rub the rim in simple syrup to really stick the salt onto the rim. (see video)
- Invert the glass into kosher salt and rub it around until the wet and sticky rim absorbs the salt.
Prepare the Cocktail:
- Add ice to your cocktail shaker
- Measure and pour into the shaker the tequila, cointreau and blue curaçao.
- Slice the fresh lime in half.
- Squeeze the lime half into your margarita glass (Or a 1 oz measure to be precise.)
- Shake vigorously 10 to 30 seconds until the shaker is very cold.
- Strain into rimmed Margarita glass.
Garnishing the Ocean Blue Margarita:
- Slice a wheel off the fresh lime.
- Slice through the wheel halfway.
- Set the cut lime wheel onto the salted rim of the glass.
- Set a maraschino cherry on a pick and set in the glass to pop that blue color.
- Triple sec can be substituted for the cointreau.
- Use whatever reposado tequila you have on hand. Reposado tequila gives a smoother better cocktail.
Amount Per Serving Calories 223Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 0gSugar 8gProtein 0g