Our CrockPot Tortellini soup with sausage is SO full of flavor. Add in vegetables and kidney beans for more nutrition and protein. Cheesy tortellini noodles in a tomato broth pull it all together.
Let this beautiful soup simmer all day in your crockpot or slow cooker. An easy nutritious, sustaining dinner is ready at the end of a busy day. Put your feet up and enjoy!
Recently Tortellini noodles have been calling my name. I WANT them. In a soup. With lots of flavorful companions. This soup fills the bill.
Crockpot tortellini soup with Sausage is a very hearty meal. And it’s loaded with flavor. Perfect for lazy day meals. Or busy days too.
I strongly recommend fresh tortellini noodles from the refrigerator section of the grocery store. I have used the dried tortellini noodles. They don’t have the texture or the flavor of fresh.
My personal favorite brand is kirkland from Costco. I LOVE their 5 cheese tortellini. Use your personal favorite. I’m sure it will make a lovely soup.
I put those scrumptious noodles into my crock pot with some yummy companions and… dinner is served. The slow cooker function of your instant pot (assuming you have one) will also make this soup. Just adjust it to the MORE for heat and you are all set.
Slow Cooking is my very favorite way to cook on busy cold days! When I’m cleaning the house or working around the place the crockpot is often bubbling in the background.
Now a days my slow cooker is my instant pot. THAT is a handy kitchen tool. And it works great as a slow cooker.
Slow cooking fills your home with lovely cooking smells all day. That is so comforting. And cozy. This slow cooker tortellini soup recipe makes a perfect winter soup.
And it gives you time! Time for baking. Time for cleaning. Time for reading to your kids or conversing with your favorite peeps.
Go take a load off. Dinner is slow cooking for you and it doesn’t need any help. 🙂
This soup is sustaining. However, add some dinner rolls or crusty french bread if you love those. My husband will have toasty bread with ANY meal.
Put together a delicious Kale Apple salad with honey dressing for a sweeter salad side. It’s a beautiful light salad that goes with this heavy smoky soup really well.
Make this easy CrockPot Tortellini Soup into a weekend soup pot. I usually make at least one large pot of soup every weekend. It’s a great way to stretch the budget. And it’s a good way to keep nourishing food on hand to avoid junking out.
Slow cooker soup is amazing comfort food. This Tortellini soup recipe will please the family. The Smells and tastes! Ladle up a cup for a cozy ‘cup of soup’ lunch with tortilla chips on the side.
Need a great game day soup! This one is perfect! Couldn’t be easier to make and this is a man pleasing recipe.
Slow Cooker Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe:
This is a wonderfully versatile recipe. I have made this soup recipe several times. We love this filling, noodly comfort food! The sausage contributes the meaty, smoky flavor that satisfies the taste buds.
And it’s so Versatile!
You CAN make this soup on your stove top if you have an hour. Just assemble the ingredients and heat on medium high heat for about 30 to 45 minutes.
This is an easy sausage tortellini soup to put together. The cooking method you choose for making this meal is more about how your day is going. What works best for you? How much cooking time do you have?
If you are out of something go ahead and substitute. Want to try a new flavor? Ok. Here are some of my ideas.
In the recipe card you will find most of these ideas: Let us know what you do and how you prefer it.
- This Kielbasa crockpot recipe is hard to beat. The flavor is intense and smoky. Just the way we like it. However, you can change up the sausage.
- Turn it into Italian sausage tortellini soup by using a bulk italian sausage and Italian seasoning. You will need to brown any bulk sausage you choose to use before cooking it with the other ingredients. This gives you the best texture and flavor.
- Low fat Spicy Chicken sausage is another nice choice for this crockpot sausage tortellini soup. Tortellini noodles will also work well with a hot Italian sausage or any hot sausage you like. Chorizo anyone? 🙂 (let me know if you try that)
- This time I omitted the tomato sauce and carrots (I was out of both). I used sweet potatoes for the carrots. They worked amazingly well.
- So did my homemade sun dried tomatoes instead of the canned tomatoes and sauce. I added more chicken broth (a whole quart instead of two cups). To make up for the lost liquid.
- hot peppers can be added if you can take the heat. 🙂
Make this delicious soup for dinner. Follow this recipe and substitute as you need to.
Please leave a comment for us with your opinions, ratings and questions. We will get back to you.
Subscribe to Homemade Food Junkie Newsletter for weekly updates to our recipes and garden. We’d love to get to know you better.
Delicious Crock Pot Tortellini Sausage soup made in a crock pot. Organic Kielbasa sausage, vegetables, kidney beans and cheesy tortellini noodles in a tomato broth simmered all day in your crock pot. An easy nutritious soup ready at the end of a busy day
- 1.5 lbs. refrigerated cheese Tortellini
- 1-12 oz. package chicken sausage-sliced into 1/2 inch rings(or organic kielbasa sausage)
- 2 large carrots-diced large (or 2 medium sized sweet potatoes)
- 1 medium yellow onion-diced medium
- 1 14 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1-4 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1-14 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1-14 oz. can Italian flavored stewed tomatoes (or marinaded sun dried tomatoes)
- 4 Cups Chicken broth
- Place sausage, onions and carrots into the bottom of a 5 quart or larger crock pot.
- Pour the chicken broth, kidney beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce over all.
- Place the tortellini noodles on the top of the rest.
- Give it a stir.
- Cover the crock pot and set to high for 4 hours or low temp for 8 hours
You can also make this recipe in your instant pot. Set the slow cook function to MORE and cook for four hours. If you need to speed the soup up you can make it in your instant pot on the soup function in 30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 499Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 89mgSodium 1587mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 6gSugar 6gProtein 28g