Gorgeous fresh strawberry cupcakes bursting with flavor and topped with a white whipped buttercream frosting. These pretty treats are easy to make! Perfect for Valentines day, birthdays, Mother’s day or any day of the week!
My poor household has been taken captive by the nastiest cold bug we have ever encountered! seriously 3 full days of fevers topped with severe head congestion. It’s been awful! my husband and I have been dragging ourselves around the house trying to take care of our little 3 month old.
Unfortunately just as we are feeling better, our little girl caught it. So today she had a visit to the Pediatrician and we were reassured that our baby is just fine. We are first time parents so we get laughed at a lot by doctors when we rush in there for the slightest little sniffle.
So needless to say it’s been a rough week and my husband has been a trooper! he’s seriously so awesome about helping with the baby even though he’s feeling bad too. So I asked him what kind of cupcakes he would like me to bake him. His vote was for strawberry!
I got to work thinking up a yummy combination of strawberry cake with white buttercream frosting. For our wedding we had strawberry cake that was baked by our long time friend, Barb of Barb’s Pies. She’s our local astounding cake baker! Ever since he ate his first bite our Strawberry Wedding cake my hubby has had a serious craving for strawberry cake. He assures me that these cupcakes are fabulous and he’s been eating them hand over fist. Dad and mom second that. Family approved cupcakes!
Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe:
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Puree Strawberries in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Take 1/3 of the strawberry puree and set it aside for the batter.
- In a medium bowl, combine sifted flour, baking powder, and salt
- In a small bowl mix together milk, vanilla, and strawberry puree, set aside.
- With an electric mixer, mix room temperature butter until it is creamed, add in granulated sugar and mix until creamy.
- Next, add in the egg and egg whites one at a time.
- Finally add the flour mixture 1/3 at a time mixing in between additions, alternate adding in the strawberry puree mixture as well.
- Do not overmix, mix until the ingredients are just combined.
- Fold in the diced strawberries gently with a wooden spoon.
- Pour batter 2/3 full in a cupcake pan lined with cupcake tins.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the tops of the cupcakes are done. (test the inside with a toothpick and ensure it comes out cleanly.)
- Let cupcakes cool on a wire rack before frosting.
For the frosting:
- In an electric mixer cream butter by itself for 2-3 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, mixing in between additions.
- Finally add in the vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of the whipped cream.
- If the consistency too thick then add in the additional tablespoon of whipped cream. ( I only needed 1)
- Put the frosting into a piping bag and pipe immediately onto cupcakes with a Wilton 2D Tip.
Adapted From: Candace Bergen, and Recipe Girl