Gorgeous fresh strawberry cupcakes bursting with flavor and topped with a whipped vanilla buttercream frosting. These pretty treats are easy to make! Perfect for Valentines day, birthdays, Mother’s day or any day of the week!
This dessert recipes was all my Husbands idea.
I rewarded him with his choice of dessert after a ROTTEN couple of weeks. Coming off high stress and miserable colds. Both of us.
We needed Comfort food! Whatever else you say about this recipe. Comfort food it is!
I had never done fresh strawberries in cake. So I went and learned how to make homemade strawberry cupcakes from scratch. Completely from scratch. No cheats.
My husband is worth it… AND he knows.
After all the cupcakes I’ve made for him, his taste buds are at the level of gourmet connoisseur.
This recipe is a yummy combination of strawberry cake with white buttercream frosting.
For our wedding we had strawberry cake that was baked by our long time friend, Barb of Barb’s Pies. She’s our local astounding cake baker. What a tough act to follow!
Ever since he ate his first bite our Strawberry Wedding cake my hubby has had a serious craving for strawberry cake.
He assures me that these cupcakes are fabulous. He’s been eating them with his well developed palate hand over fist.
Dad and mom second that. Family approved cupcakes all around. I love when that happens.
Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe:
Strawberry cupcakes from scratch using fresh strawberries are a bit different from those using flavorings. AND much better tasting.
- For a light and fluffy result. Do NOT overmix cupcake batter. Ever. They will fall and get dense. Mix just enough to get the ingredients mixed. NO more.
Frosting and decorating:
- This is an easy buttercream to make IF YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. And unlike your cupcakes which don’t like to be overmixed. You will want to mix your buttercream until it is light and white and fluffy. That may take awhile.
- Put the frosting into a piping bag and pipe immediately onto cupcakes with a Wilton 2D Tip. The video in the recipe card demonstrate the basic technique for you
This delicious recipe for strawberry cupcakes are made with chopped strawberries folded in. What a tasty burst of flavor in the vanilla cake.
This cupcake recipe strawberry makes a lovely presentation when the frosting is piped on and topped with a fresh strawberry slice.
Strawberry Cupcakes From Scratch Printable Recipe Card:
Gorgeous fresh strawberry cupcakes bursting with flavor and topped with a white whipped buttercream frosting. These pretty treats are easy to make. Perfect for Valentines day, birthdays, Mother’s day or any day of the week.
- For the Cupcakes:
- 1-1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (Sifted)
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (1 stick room temperature)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg (room temperature)
- 2 Egg Whites (room temperature)
- 2/3 Cup Fresh Strawberries ( should make 1/3 cup pureed)
- 1/4 Milk (room temperature
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large fresh strawberries (washed and diced)
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Salted butter ( 2 sticks room temperature)
- 1-2 Tbsp Whipped cream
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Puree Strawberries in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Take 1/3 of the strawberry puree and set it aside for the batter.
- In a medium bowl, combine sifted flour, baking powder, and salt
- In a small bowl mix together milk, vanilla, and strawberry puree, set aside.
- With an electric mixer, mix room temperature butter until it is creamed, add in granulated sugar and mix until creamy.
- Next, add in the egg and egg whites one at a time.
- Finally add the flour mixture 1/3 at a time mixing in between additions, alternate adding in the strawberry puree mixture as well.
- Do not overmix, mix until the ingredients are just combined.
- Finally add in the diced strawberries mixing them in by hand.
- Pour batter 2/3 full in a cupcake pan lined with cupcake tins.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the tops of the cupcakes are done. (test the inside with a toothpick and ensure it comes out cleanly.)
- Let cupcakes cool on a wire rack before frosting.
- In an electric mixer cream butter by itself for 2-3 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, mixing in between additions.
- Finally add in the vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of the whipped cream.
- If the consistency too thick then add in the additional tablespoon of whipped cream. ( I only needed 1)
- Put the frosting into a piping bag and pipe immediately onto cooled cupcakes with a Wilton 2D Tip. (watch the video for technique demonstration.)
- place pink pearl sprinkles over the frosting as desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 1gSugar: 44gProtein: 3g