Decadent Snickers Cupcakes. Featuring a dark chocolate cake filled with snickers and Caramel sauce and topped with Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting. And yes! Drizzled on top with a candy topper! That’s decadent!!
When I finished making these cupcakes, I stood back and looked at them and the Lionel Richie song popped into my head.. it goes something like; “Hello? Is it me your looking for?” Why yes, you beautiful concoction of chocolate, caramel, peanut butter, and snickers! You are exactly what I have been looking for… and craving!
If you have been keeping up with my cupcake posts you will know that I am a baby baker. I don’t consider myself well versed yet in the world of cupcakes. So when I drew out my plans for these cupcakes, (yes I’m a nerd I actually stenciled them out), I was a little overwhelmed at the prospect. But rest assured, these beauties were easy to make! They are a bit time consuming with all of the different steps. I would suggest starting early. I did!I woke up at 6:30 this lovely Friday morning and got to baking! I have a newborn baby and a husband that goes to school so it was essential that I get these beauties finished and photographed before he wakes up with the baby! A couple of hours and a pot of coffee later, I had my beautiful cupcakes that were quickly eaten up by everyone that came to visit! If you are looking for a show stopper of a cupcake recipe I recommend pulling out this impressive little number!
Decadent Snickers Cupcakes Recipe:
- Preheat Oven to 350 F.
Make the Cupcakes:
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each time.
- Set aside mixture to cool completely
- In a medium sized bowl:
- toss the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl:
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Add the cooled butter/chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Add half of the flour mixture, then half of the buttermilk.
- Keep stirring until everything is mixed. Batter will have a thicker consistency.
- Divide the batter between 12 liners in your cupcake pan.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.When cupcakes are cooled fill them:
- Core out the center with a spoon and fill with chopped mini snickers.
- Pour 1 tbsp of salted caramel sauce on top of the mini snickers.
- Beat butter for 1 minute or until it is light and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter in and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and slowly add powdered sugar until your frosting becomes thick.
- Add 1 Tbsp of milk, and beat. Continue adding milk until frosting is the desired consistency.
- I used chocolate sauce and salted caramel sauce to drizzle over the cupcake after frosting.
- fill a disposable piping bag with chocolate sauce, cut the very tip of the end off and fill with sauce. Drizzle in a diagonal line across the frosting, as desired.
- Repeat the same steps for the caramel sauce.
Chocolate cupcakes filled with snickers and caramel sauce
Recipe Adapted from: Sally’s Baking Addiction and Cup of Cake