Delicious Banoffee pie filled with fresh toffee, delicious bananas, and topped with decadent fresh whipping cream. Garnish this sweet treat with a little chocolate shavings and you have a delicious dessert to share!
I finally went grocery shopping this last week. We suffered through bare cupboards for a couple of weeks! So we MIGHT have gone a little bit overboard on the groceries. We ended up with more perishable items than we could handle.
A bunch of bananas got shoved to the back behind other things on my counter. They wound up looking rather “over done.” My choices were to make a last minute banana bread or whip up some other banana dessert.
I remembered my dear friend Emily came over and made a Banoffee pie for our friends wedding reception! It was absolutely delicious. It was VERY popular at the reception. Talk about disappearing dessert. I think my dad ate most of it 🙂
It’s a very easy pie to make. It just requires a little bit of time if you make it all from scratch. SO worth it!!
I went the slower (from scratch) route with the toffee. I made it from boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk. We got the recipe from our friend Inger. It’s known in culinary circles as Dulce De Leche You can get the easy recipe for it HERE. It’s simple, you just toss some unopened cans of sweetened condensed milk in a big pot of boiling water and boil away for a couple of hours.
The graham cracker crust is also very simple to make. Just grind up some graham crackers, mix it with a stick of melted butter, put it in a pie pan and bake for 10 minutes at 350 F. To make this recipe COMPLETELY no bake. Just don’t bake the crust! I have made many no bake graham cracker crusts by replacing the butter with melted coconut oil. Mom’s No Bake blackberry Cheesecake bars use this method. So easy!
Banoffee pie is a refrigerated pie that is easy to pull out and serve at family gatherings or get togethers! It’s going on my Thanksgiving list for sure. This scrumptious dessert is always a crowd pleaser and it’s simple! Yes you can buy the toffee and the pie crust if you are in a blazing hurry. I won’t tell 🙂
Recipe Notes On Banoffee Pie From Scratch:
This method requires a baked (Or purchased) crust unless you are using the method linked above in the no bake blackberry cheesecake bars (we love that dessert too!)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Make sweetened condensed milk into toffee according to the linked instructions.
- Grind up 1 package and graham crackers and mix together with 1 stick of melted butter until a sand like paste forms.
- Press the graham crackers into the bottom of a pie plate to form a crust.
- Bake the crust in the oven at 350 F for 10-12 minutes or until it starts to brown on the edges.
- Next, make sure the pie crust is cool and slice bananas into rows in the bottom of the pie plate.
- Pour the cooled toffee over the top of the bananas.
- Whip the whipping cream and place in piping bag if you wish.
- I piped a rosette design using a Wilton 2D tip. You don’t have to do this step if you don’t want to. It just helps pretty up the look of the pie.
- Spread chocolate shavings over the top of the pie.
- Refrigerate until serving.
[tweetthis]Delicious Banana pie with fresh toffee topped with decadent fresh whipping cream. [/tweetthis]