This Bacon Frittata recipe is perfect for a holiday breakfast, brunch, or healthy family breakfast. By combining eggs, bacon, cheese, fresh herbs, onion and peppers; this is a well rounded meal full of protein, healthy fats and carbs.
You can make this ahead saving you time on those busy mornings. This recipes makes a large 9 x 13 baking dish sized frittata that is great for serving a large crowd.
More Egg Breakfasts
Need more ideas for a high protein egg based breakfast? These are all delicious choices and easily feed a crowd.
What is the difference between an Omelet and a Frittata?
Omelets are made when eggs are whisked until just blended, and then cooked on only the underside, over low heat and folded over like a taco holding a variety of meats, veggies and cheese.
Frittatas are vigorously whisked until the consistency is more thick and custard like. Both sides of frittatas are cooked and they are filled with veggies, herbs, cheeses and diced meats.
This Breakfast Casserole will yield 12 large servings or cut those down for kids and light eaters and make even more servings.
If you have only a few people in your family, we recommend you cut the recipe in half and make it in an 8 x 8 size casserole or quiche pan.
Do frittatas make good leftovers?
This casserole does store well as leftovers in the fridge if covered in an airtight container. To rewarm and enjoy you can place the baking dish in the oven at 350 degrees F and heat for roughly 10 minutes. You can also cut individual portions and warm on a skillet on your stovetop.
We don’t recommend microwaving egg casseroles as the eggs tend to get tough and rubbery in consistency.
What herbs are best to use in Frittatas?
Fresh herbs add a nice touch of fragrance and flavor. Parsley, rosemary, oregano, and thyme are all fantastic herbs to use in quiches, omelets, and frittatas. They elevate the flavors and compliment a variety of veggies and meats commonly used.
What goes with Frittata for brunch?
Frittatas are wonderfully versatile and pair well with an array of sides. We are sharing some of our favorites ideas for how you can enjoy this Bacon Frittata and build a beautiful brunch menu.
- Fried potatoes
- English Muffins
- Assorted fresh fruits
- Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Apple Bread Pudding
- Sweet crepes
- Roasted asparagus
- Fried cinnamon apples
- Crispy hashbrowns
- Shredded brussel sprouts salad
- Buttery biscuits
Your Recipe Card-Bacon Frittata
A crowd pleasing, easy oven baked Frittata full of good flavor and nutrition. This low carb, low sugar and gluten-free breakfast is also high in filling protein. A delicious healthy breakfast choice.
- 1/2 lb. bacon chopped into 1/2 inch sections
- 1 Cup bell pepper-diced
- 1/2 Cup onion
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 Cup fresh diced tomato
- 1/8 Cup fresh chopped herbs, parsley, cilantro, whatever you like
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish or deep dish pie plate.
- Place chopped bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the onion, garlic , fresh herbs and pepper. cook until tender, about five minutes.
- Drain bacon and vegetable pieces on paper towels.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, and ground pepper in a bowl
- Pour egg mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with vegetables, fresh tomatoes, bacon, and Cheddar cheese.
- Stir it together in the baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
Serving Size1 Cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 303Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 232mgSodium 661mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 21g
How do you keep a Frittata fluffy?
Diary is an important ingredient when cooking egg dishes. Milk, cream, or even yogurt will help to thicken and fluff the eggs, while adding moisture and creaminess to your frittata. For every dozen eggs add 1 cup of dairy to bring flavor and a pillowy texture to your breakfast casserole.
How do you make a Frittata taste better?
Seasoning is the key when baking egg breakfasts such as omelets, quiche and frittatas. Salt and pepper, fresh herbs, and dairy will bring flavor.
We enjoy meeting you on our social networks. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram . Tag us with your pictures of our recipes and comment on how it went for you. We would love to see what you do with them.
We often like, comment and share your posts of our recipes on our daily Instagram stories.
Ask questions and rate the recipe in the comments section below. Please share what you did with this recipe. We are always looking for more and better ways to make homemade food. Other cooks love your ideas!
- Mozzarella Cheesy Bread with Garlic Butter
- #1 Ultimate Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
- Love at First Bite: Sweet Heart Pastry
- Egg-cellent, Easy Egg in a Hole Recipe
- Creating A Sourdough Flavor Profile
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com