The chocolate martini is a delicious blend of chocolate, vanilla, and cream flavors. This drink is a smooth and velvety dessert cocktail recipe. It tastes like a chocolate milkshake with rich chocolate flavors.
Vanilla Vodka Cocktails are warmer in flavor than an unflavored vodka. In this dessert martini Smirnoff vanilla vodka adds a touch of that warm vanilla bean flavor that blends fantastically with the heavy cream and Creme De Cacao.
This after dinner drink will bring a warm cozy vibe into your chilly nights. A Perfect choice for a intimate chat with your bestie.
More Martini Recipes:
Both the espresso Martini and the Mudslide are wonderful after dinner drinks with rich bold flavor. The Lemon drop is much brighter in tone but once you try it you ‘ll be hooked.
Find all of our Alcoholic Drinks in our Cocktail Section.
Preparing Your Martini Glass:
Follow our steps in the visual guide below for preparing your martini glass and also watch our video demonstration of making this chocolate martini Recipe.
This is an optional process. You will enjoy the extra chocolate but the Martini will still be delicious without these Hershey’s syrup steps.
- Rim your glass as shown.
- Drizzle hershey’s chocolate syrup around the middle of a chocolate martini glass.
- Now place glass in the freezer while the cocktail is being made.
Chocolate Martini Ingredients:
Smirnoff vanilla vodka and Hiram Walker Creme De Cacao are the alcohol stars of this chocolate cocktail recipe.
You can choose any brand of chocolate liqueur or vanilla vodka you have on hand. They should all work well in this martini.
To really bring out the chocolate we added a hershey’s syrup rim and even drizzled some right into the martini glass.
Sip and you’ll taste that extra chocolate. The heavy cream adds substance to this dessert drink that will satisfy your sweet tooth and chocolate cravings with a warm mellow glow.
Making the Chocolate Martini:
Here is a visual guide for the complete process of making this yummy cocktail. The video will also give you a recipe demonstration.
Enjoy and please drink responsibly. It’s easy to enjoy this drink a bit too much. 🙂
Your Printable Recipe Card:
This chocolate martini is a delicious blend of chocolate, vanilla, and cream flavors. This drink is a smooth and velvety dessert drink that tastes like a chocolate milkshake with rich chocolate flavors.
- 1/2 oz hershey’s syrup
- 2 oz vanilla vodka
- 1 oz creme de cocoa
- 1 oz heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp chocolate shavings
Prepare and Rim your glass:
- Chill your martini glass
- Pour Hershey's syrup on a flat plate
- Roll your chilled glass through the syrup until the rim is coated
- Run a knife around the rim to bring of excess syrup
- Squirt syrup around the glass for a unique look.
- Place glass in freezer until cocktail is ready to pour.
Making the Chocolate Martini:
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice,
- pour in 2 oz vanilla vodka,
- 1 oz cream de cocoa, and 1 oz heavy cream.
- Place the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake until it is chilled all the way through.
- pour the cocktail into the chilled martini glass
- Shave dark chocolate on the top of the drink before serving
You will need more Hershey' syrup than noted in the ingredients to complete the rim and glass enhancements we recommend. You will not ingest all of the chocolate on the rimming plate so that is why the discrepancy. There is enough chocolate syrup on the plate to rim several glasses.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 394Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 34mgSodium 20mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 6gSugar 11gProtein 7g