Make a festive vanilla cream fruit tart or two for a fun addition to the party table. These an easy make ahead dessert that holds up well on a party table and people love them.
This recipe also makes one 12 inch fruit pizza if that works better for the gathering you have in mind. It’s so easy to dress these cute vanilla cream desserts up in red, white and blue with any ole colorful fruit, for a tasty treat! Change out the fruits to theme colors for your party!
Need a pretty addition to your party table? This recipe is very well received at large gatherings. Coordinate it with your party theme colors with different colored fruits.
This one was added to a Fourth of July table. This tart will work with any theme. Just decorate the top with whatever fresh fruits you like to enhance your party table.
So delicious and yummy! These tarts feature a delicious crust made with coconut oil (or butter) and a delectable cream cheese filling with white chocolate chips or Vanilla flavored candy melts for a yummy flavor.
I topped this tart off with cute designs made from strawberries and blueberries! If you need a sweet treat to serve at a patriotic party then this is it.
Fourth of July is always really fun for us. We have a great time celebrating with our family. Relatives stay with us from out of town and we make it a little family reunion.
Last year we had around 20 people over complete with a night of fireworks in the back field. It was a blast! Our house is always brimming with awesome people and good food. I’m excited to show off this gorgeous tart this year.
This recipe is great for a year round holiday dessert. The fruit topping is all about the theme. Just change up the fruits to reflect the season or party theme.
- This crust is a sweet press in crust. You will have to keep the crust OUT of the corners or you will have trouble cutting and serving the tart. Keep the crust EVEN and it will be great.
- I have given you an almond crust recipe in the notes section of the recipe card if you need gluten free.
- Do NOT use fruits that leak or go brown once cut for best results unless you know how to handle those challenges. Berries are the simplest choice.
- Use ROOM temperature cream cheese and cream for best texture.
Recipe Notes On Vanilla Cream Fruit Tart:
Ideas for Dressing this dessert:
- I went with a pioneer rustic look for these tarts. These are really cute in a minimalistic style. Fancy them up any way you like with various patterns of fruits on the tart top.
- Make it a heart for Valentines with layered strawberries and chocolate; A turkey for Thanksgiving with kiwi, bananas, pineapple…oranges; maybe chocolate accents.
- Christmas with gorgeous pomegranate seeds, kiwi…and if you want to start playing with candy melts… limited only by your imagination.
- I just kept it simple. I dressed out these tarts in 15 minutes, first thought to finished picture.
This recipe is a make ahead OR same day dessert:
- Make these vanilla cream fruit tarts ahead the night or morning before you need them. Store it covered in the fridge.
- An hour or so before serving, complete the top with your fruit and glaze it with the pineapple glaze. Fortunately, the cream cheese filling sets up very well so it’s easy to add the fruit after it sets. The glaze also sets well to hold that fruit in place with a bit of zippy sweetness!
Food Safe at Room temperature:
- This dessert will hold safely on a serving table at room temperature without losing its appeal.
- All the ingredients are food safe at room temperature too.
We all really enjoyed the balance of sweet and creamy in these tarts. All the kids and adults loved this. I asked them what they would change and the answer was nothing. Today, this is my husbands birthday dessert. It topped off a meal of grilled shrimp mango salad. He was pleased.
Your Printable Recipe Card:
Make a festive vanilla cream fruit tart or two for a fun addition to the party table. Dress them up in red, white and blue or any ole colorful fruit, for a tasty treat! Change out the fruits to theme colors for your party!
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons water (as needed)
- 12 ounces vanilla or white chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 Cups Berries(or any fruit you wish)
For the Crust:
- In a large bowl cream softened coconut oil and confectioners sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flour-add enough that the crust mixture is crumbly but not dry. Add in one Tablespoon water if the crust is too crumbly)
- Pat onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan or two 9 inch tart pans.
- Bake at 300° for 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
For the Filling:
- Melt the white chocolate OR vanilla chips in a small bowl in your microwave(careful not to burn it). OR over your stove on low heat.
- In a large bowl With an electric mixer, beat melted chocolate or vanilla and cream until smooth.
- beat in ROOM TEMPERATURE cream cheese until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the COOLED baked crust. Chill for 30 minutes.
For the Glaze:
- In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- Arrange berries over cream cheese layer; brush with glaze. Chill for 1 hour before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
- The filling is not intended to go up to the top of the tart pan. Divide the filling equally between the tart pans.
- The fruits will fill up to the sides to the crust.
- Or you can use the crust on the bottom only of the tart pan if you prefer. The filling sets fimly so that will also work well.
If using coconut oil or other other oil for this crust add a tablespoon of water if the crust is too crumbly. Adding more oil will not help.
Any sweetened press-in crust will work well with this filling. For gluten free try this Almond crust.
Almond crust Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 Tablespoons sugar substitute (or granulated sugar)
1/2 Cup melted coconut oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
(To bake this Crust:)
Combine the almond flour, Stevia Blend and cinnamon in a food processor and pulse until blended.
Gradually add in the oil and pulse until crumbly.
Press evenly into the bottom of a nine inch springform pan and up the sides about an inch.
Bake 12 minutes or until golden. Cool to room temperature and then pour in the filling.
The glaze will be pretty thick as it cools. Add water as needed to thin it so it brushes on your fruits well.
Amount Per Serving Calories 296