Make a festive vanilla cream fruit tart or two for a fun addition to the party table. These an easy make ahead dessert that holds up well on a party table and people love them.
This recipe also makes one 12 inch fruit pizza if that works better for the gathering you have in mind. It’s so easy to dress these cute vanilla cream desserts up in red, white and blue with any ole colorful fruit, for a tasty treat! Change out the fruits to theme colors for your party!
Need a pretty addition to your party table? This recipe is very well received at large gatherings. Coordinate it with your party theme colors with different colored fruits. This one was added to a Fourth of July table. This tart will work with any theme. Just decorate the top with whatever fresh fruits you like to enhance your party table.
So delicious and yummy! These tarts feature a delicious crust made with coconut oil and a delectable cream filling full of wonderful vanilla flavor. I topped this tart off with cute designs made from strawberries and blueberries! If you need a sweet treat to serve at a patriotic party then this is it!
Fourth of July is always really fun for us. We have a great time celebrating with our family. Relatives stay with us from out of town and we make it a little family reunion. Last year we had around 20 people over complete with a night of fireworks in the back field. It was a blast! Our house is always brimming with awesome people and good food. I’m exited to show off this gorgeous tart this year.
This recipe is great for a year round holiday dessert. The fruit topping is all abut the theme. Just change up the fruits to reflect the season or party theme.
Do NOT use fruits that leak or go brown once cut for best results unless you know how to handle those challenges. Berries are the simplest choice.
Use ROOM temperature cream cheese and cream for best texture.
Recipe Notes On Vanilla Cream Fruit Tart:
I went with a pioneer rustic look for these tarts. These are really cute in a minimalistic style. Fancy them up any way you like with various patterns of fruits on the tart top. Make it a heart for Valentines with layered strawberries and chocolate; A turkey for Thanksgiving with kiwi, bananas, pineapple…oranges; maybe chocolate accents. Christmas with gorgeous pomegranate seeds, kiwi…and if you want to start playing with candy melts… limited only by your imagination. I just kept it simple. I dressed out these tarts in 15 minutes, first thought to finished picture.
This recipe will make two tarts for 16 servings OR one 12 inch fruit pizza:
- Make these vanilla cream fruit tarts ahead the night or morning before you need them. Store it covered in the fridge.
- An hour or so before serving, complete the top with your fruit and glaze it with the pineapple glaze. Fortunately, the cream cheese filling sets up very well so it’s easy to add the fruit after it sets. The glaze also sets well to hold that fruit in place with a bit of zippy sweetness!
We all really enjoyed the balance of sweet and creamy in these tarts. All the kids and adults loved this. I asked them what they would change and the answer was nothing! I love that! Today, this is my husbands birthday dessert. It topped off a meal of grilled shrimp mango salad. He was pleased.
Recipe Yield: Two tarts- 8 slices each
296 Calories/ Slice
- Fats: 17 grams
- Carbs: 24 grams
- Proteins: 2 grams
Your Printable Recipe Card:
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package, 10 to 12 ounces vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package, 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
For the Crust:
- In a large bowl cream softened coconut oil and confectioners sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flour (add enough that the mixture is crumbly but not dry)/
- Pat onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan or two 6 inch tart pans.
- Bake at 300° for 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
For the Filling:
- Melt the white chocolate OR vanilla chips in a small bowl in your microwave(carful not to burn it). OR over your stove on low heat.
- In a large bowl With an electric mixer, beat melted chocolate or vanilla and cream until smooth.
- beat in ROOM TEMPERATURE cream cheese until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the COOLED baked crust. Chill for 30 minutes.
For the Glaze:
- In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- Arrange berries over cream cheese layer; brush with glaze. Chill for 1 hour before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 296