Hearty Crockpot Chili Chicken Soup. Easy to make in your slow cooker or pressure cooker. This recipe is so delectable your entire family will be begging for more! Enjoy this high fiber soup. It Now has instant Pot directions!!
Even though my tulips are popping out of the ground it’s still winter! Cold, gray, rainy weather, for me, spells crockpot meals. I absolutely love walking around my house all day with the smell of dinner cooking away in the crockpot.
It’s so satisfying to smell those luscious foodie flavors floating through the house. It makes me feel like I accomplished something! Plus they are so easy and convenient. Who doesn’t love all of the ingredients simmering away in one pot? If it makes for easy clean up; I am all in.
[tweetthis hidden_urls=”pic.twitter.com/QJGhQI9iai”]Easy to make and so delectable! Enjoy this #highfiber #soup #Instantpot #pressurecooker [/tweetthis]
I’ve been craving chili lately and I’m a little over the regular chili I usually make. It’s delicious but I wanted to try something new! So I dug into the deep recess of my Pinterest crockpot page and found recipes for Crockpot Chili Chicken Soup. Inspired by many beautiful and mouthwatering pictures of this type of soup, I set out to the store and gathered my ingredients.
I was pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy this crockpot dinner is to whip together. And my husband was pleasantly surprised when he walked in the door after school and smelled the savory scents of dinner. We both agreed to add this yummy crockpot dinner to our permanent meal rotation.
This Crockpot Chili Chicken Soup recipe makes a big batch of soup. For our little family leftovers are welcomed. Cut the recipe in half if you are just feeding two and don’t like a pot of leftovers like we do 🙂
Crockpot Chili Chicken Soup Recipe!
This is my favorite type of crock pot meal. Just put everything in the pot, as directed. Turn it on and enjoy the lovely aroma and a tasty dinner after a busy day. Not a lot of dishes, and my favorite part. Leftovers! So great! Enjoy!
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add minced garlic, chopped fresh onion, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for a couple of minutes while stirring. The mixture will clump together.
- Stir in chicken broth until the flour mixture has dissolved.
- Stir in the milk.
- Put boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. (Try canned chicken if you’re out of the skinless chicken breast. I haven’t used canned chicken for this recipe but it should work. Eliminate the salt in the recipe and note that the soup will have a different texture.)
- Top with corn, great northern beans, rotel tomatoes, and parsley
- Add the cream cheese on the top of the mixture. (mix into soup)
- Pour the broth over all of it and cook on high for 6-8 hours. After about 5 hours, cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and return to the Crock Pot.
- Add the cup of shredded cheese to the crockpot 1 hour before serving, stir it in until it melts completely.
- Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese, and parsley or cilantro at serving
For The Instant Pot: Ready from start to finish in about an hour.
I love my instant pot pressure cooker and this soup is outstanding made this way.
If you are using frozen corn as I did this time, increase the amount of chicken broth by 1 cup. Garnish this soup with shredded cheese, chopped peppers, sour cream or cilantro as you prefer. Let us know when you make it in your pressure cooker and how this recipe works for you. We love the flavor! Diane
Instant Pot Instructions for Crockpot Chili Chicken Soup:
- Cook chicken and 1 1/2 Cup of chicken broth on the Poultry function for 15 minutes (Or until thoroughly cooked). I used completely frozen chicken in a clump of three chicken breasts. I cooked it for 22 minutes on poultry total. Natural release 5 minutes, the QR.
- remove cooked chicken and broth and cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Now submerge the chicken in the broth it cooked in, in a bowl and set aside.
- Set the instant pot on sauté.
- Add the butter, onions, spices and garlic. Saute’ 2 to three minutes until the onion is translucent.
- On Saute, In a small bowl whisk the flour together with enough chicken broth to make a rue. Whisk it into the onions and garlic. As it thickens, Whisk in the room temperature cream cheese and milk.
- Whisk until the cream cheese is thoroughly melted and incorporated into the gravy.
- Pour all the chicken, broth, corn, beans and Rotel tomatoes into the instant pot. Stir together gently.
- Adjust the liquids by adding broth or milk if needed to desired consistency.
- Heat on saute’ on LOW setting(push the adjust key until it reads low) until thoroughly heated (about 15 minutes).
Recipe Inspired by: Thegunnysack.com