Hearty Crockpot Chili Chicken Soup is easy to make in your slow cooker or pressure cooker.
This is the best chicken soup recipe to warm your bones on a chilly day. It is so delectable your entire family will be begging for more!
The weather is cold, gray and rainy. I want comfort food. Flavorful, delicious EASY Mexican chicken soup made in my crock pot sounds just right.
I absolutely love cleaning my house with the smell of chicken taco soup cooking away in the crockpot. A clean cozy house and homemade chicken soup simmering in the crockpot.
I need that. And some tortilla chips and sour cream…and salsa. LOTS of salsa. Dinner is served.
It’s so satisfying to smell those luscious foodie flavors floating through the house. I know I accomplished something. A clean house and dinner.
Slow cookers are so easy and convenient. Who doesn’t love a good one pot dinner? If it makes for easy clean up I am all in. I’m all about making cleaning the house EASY.
I’ve been craving chili lately. And I had boneless skinless chicken breasts to use up.
More Chili Recipes:
Crockpot Chili Chicken Soup Recipe:
This crockpot chicken soup dinner is quick and easy to whip together. My husband was pleasantly surprised when he walked in the door and smelled the savory scents of dinner.
We both agreed to add this yummy crockpot dinner to our permanent meal rotation. It’s a keeper!
This Crockpot Chili Chicken Soup recipe makes a big batch of soup. For our little family leftovers are welcomed. I send the leftovers to work with my husband. It’s a great microwave meal.
Cut the recipe in half if you are just feeding two and don’t like a pot of leftovers like we do 🙂
This is my favorite type of crock pot meal. Just put everything in the pot as directed. Turn it on and enjoy the lovely aroma and a tasty dinner after a busy day.
This meal does NOT produce a lot of dishes. And my favorite part is the leftovers. This soup improves with time in the fridge.
Chicken Chili Soup holds up to 5 days. And the whole family will love it. So it’s a great budget stretcher too. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Chili Chicken Soup now with instant pot instructions
This Instant Pot chicken Recipe is Ready from start to finish in about an hour.
UNLESS you make it on the slow cook function. Then follow the crock pot instructions and set the pressure cooker to MORE and hit the slow cook button.
I love my instant pot pressure cooker and this instant pot chicken soup is outstanding made by pressure cooking. PLUS this is such a cheap and easy dinner idea. Seriously.
- If you are using frozen corn increase the amount of chicken broth by 1 cup.
- Garnish this soup with shredded cheese, chopped peppers, sour cream or cilantro as you prefer.
- You can top this soup with colorful tortilla strips to make chicken tortilla soup.
- Or put a whole bag of tortilla chips in a large bowl and chow down.
Let us know when you make this soup and share how this white chicken chili recipe works for you. Please rate the recipe and comment below. We love your input!
Crockpot Chili Chicken Soup:
Hearty Crockpot Chili Chicken Soup is easy to make in your slow cooker or pressure cooker. This recipe is so delectable your entire family will be begging for more! And we added instant Pot directions!!
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup fresh onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 can rotel tomatoes and green chiles (drained)
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 packet cream cheese (softened to room temp)
- 1-14.5 oz. can super sweet corn (drained)
- 2- 14.5 oz cans great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add minced garlic, chopped fresh onion, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for a couple of minutes while stirring. The mixture will clump together.
- Stir in chicken broth until the flour mixture has dissolved.
- Stir in the milk.
- Put boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top with corn, great northern beans, rotel tomatoes, and parsley
- Add the cream cheese on the top of the mixture. (mix into soup)
- Pour the broth over all of it and cook on high for 6-8 hours. After about 5 hours, cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and return to the Crock Pot.
- Add the cup of shredded cheese to the crockpot 1 hour before serving, stir it in until it melts completely.
- Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese, and parsley or cilantro
DIRECTIONS FOR THE INSTANT POT: Ready from start to finish in about an hour.
- Cook chicken and 1 1/2 Cup of chicken broth on the Poultry function for 15 minutes (Or until thoroughly cooked). I used completely frozen chicken in a clump of three chicken breasts. I cooked it for 22 minutes on poultry total. Natural release 5 minutes, then QR.
- Remove cooked chicken and broth and cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Now submerge the chicken in the broth it cooked in, in a bowl and set aside.
- Set the instant pot on sauté.
- Add the butter, onions, spices and garlic. Saute' 2 to three minutes until the onion is translucent.
- On Saute, In a small bowl whisk the flour together with enough chicken broth to make a rue. Whisk it into the onions and garlic. As it thickens, Whisk in the room temperature cream cheese and milk.
- Whisk until the cream cheese is thoroughly melted and incorporated into the gravy.
- Pour all the chicken, broth, corn, beans and Rotel tomatoes into the instant pot. Stir together gently.
- Adjust the liquids by adding broth or milk if needed to desired consistency.
- Heat on saute' on LOW setting until thoroughly heated (about 15 minutes).
- Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer
- Crock-Pot 6-Quart Cook & Carry Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 254 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 429mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Protein: 26g
Recipe Inspired by: Thegunnysack.com